The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Pickup Demo
Michael Heaphy

New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2022 12:19 pm    

https://youtu.be/B_2sv_SRbek...pvt link...anyone with it can see it

Hello Fellow Steelers...This posting is for Mr. Scott Swartz and anyone thinking of changing pickups. About a month ago I decided to make a change to my old Sho~Bud...no particular reason but I was just looking to freshen up the sound...I did some research and decided to try a Steeltronics for several reasons...Number one I liked the sound I heard on a video and number two it would fit the pickup slot. I got it in with some big help from Scott and got it stung up and working. I really liked what I heard immediately so I did a before and after take and sent it to Scott. He also liked it and suggested I post it here which I am happily doing... Big change in my opinion and I love it...the recording is just a rough mix of an old "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album which I am sure you are all familiar with...not the greatest mix but you will get the idea. It is direct into the computer interface with just some reverb and a little compression...,no other FX..It sounds even so much better through the Nashville 400 of course...Scott was terrific to work with and very professional...he knows his stuff...Thank you to him and all of you for listening...Regards...Mike Heaphy

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2022 2:28 am    

Liked the sound a lot.. It looks almost like an old ZB pickup with the tiny holes along both edges... Is that a coil tap model?

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Scott Swartz

St. Louis, MO
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2022 12:06 pm    

Its my Z Series, which uses the the same operating principles as the old ZB pickups but arranged to fit the standard wide and narrow mount arrangements used on 99% percent of the steels out there.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=358735

I do offer a coil tap on these.

www.steeltronics.com