The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 6:35 am    

So Awesome Mickey.
And thanks Bill for the kind and supportive words for me and Mickey. We are fortunate that we DO get to HEAL; but it is a very very slow healing to the point where we don't even know that something got better; but that connection we have with our own SELF is the most important thing in our life.
Ricky

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 6:38 am    

Micky & Ricky, I know what you're going through. I had severe TBI a few years ago and having to re-learn the steel among other things... Without you two and your lessons, tab and video, I would be at a loss. Thank you! Micky, if your within shouting distance of Ft. Lauderdale, I'd love to meet you some day. I've been one of your biggest fans and appreciate all that you've helped me with! Stay well my friends!

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 6:58 am    

Thanks John; and I know Mickey very well for long long time....and yes things may have and will change some in our lives; but one thing I can say will NEVER Change in Mickey and me is the Passion we have for Music.
Ricky

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 7:03 am    

Amen.. Smile..John I’m up near Ocala.. I had. A Willie Nelson tribute Aug 27, it would be awesome if you could come up..
We are also going to have a Saturday night ALL STEEL GUITAR show,
as we have 4 Steelers in the band..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 7:03 am    

Amen.. Smile..John I’m up near Ocala.. I had. A Willie Nelson tribute Aug 27, it would be awesome if you could come up..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 7:21 am    

Mickey Adams wrote:

That's awesome Micky! I go to Ocala quite a lot. My wife and I have dear friends up there. I'll definitely look you up next time I'm there sir! I'm planning on coming up there either July 1st or August 1st weekend. Let me know the details of the Saturday shows and I'll tell my friends there and will make a special trip to see you all play!

I agree Ricky, I may sound like cats in heat when I play the steel (at least since my TBI), but my passion for music is unparalleled thanks to guys like you and Micky, not to mention all of the other's on the forum! Very Happy

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 7:47 am    

Hi Mickey,
Thanks for all you have done for the community. I met you at Bandera one time with Jody Cameron. Not my finest hour, new guitar and fill in for a new band! I sucked for sure. I hope you get better and continue to contribute. We all like the lessons. Get well Brother we'll miss you here in Texas.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 9:16 am    

Quote:
I agree Ricky, I may sound like cats in heat when I play the steel (at least since my TBI), but my passion for music is unparalleled thanks to guys like you and Micky, not to mention all of the other's on the forum

Way cool John, you're doing great, just remember to never compare yourself to what is behind you or what is in front of you, you can only compare yourself to who you are each day; go for it!!!
Ricky

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 9:36 am    

Thank you so much for the encouraging words Ricky! The world is a much better place with people like you who definitely make our lives better! Smile

John

Bart Bull

New Orleans, USA/Paris FR/Berkeley USSR
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 5:53 pm    

Mickey and Ricky have both been among the most helpful, well-informed, and open members of this forum.

Without making light of the challenges they face, both are gifted, and generous with sharing their TBI — Tons of Brilliant Information.

Thanks, gentlemen.
Hohner Corona Dos en Fa, y Gabanelli en Sol

Bruce Bouton

Nash. Tn USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2022 7:02 am    

Hi Mickey,

Glad to hear that your'e playing. Tell Bobby Randall hello!

Where in Florida ?

bruce

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2022 12:06 pm    

Bruce,

He's in Ocala. I've been trying to get a hold of him since I'll be up there July 4th weekend and he said that he's playing Saturdays with other steelers. My dearest frinds in Ocala and I would sure love to meet him!

John

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2022 12:46 pm    

I have watched a few videos of The Orange Blossom Opry, Mickey's new gig. He is playing lead guitar and doing a great job! You can find them on Youtube and Facebook.