The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams
Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2020 1:38 pm    

I'm not on Facebook and don't follow all the threads here, I was wondering if anybody heard from Mickey.
Last time I saw him was at the Deep South Mississippi show last year in November. Usually he chimes in to some posts.
Just wondering if he is alright.
Thanks

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2020 4:40 pm    

Mickey posts on Facebook pretty often. He recently posted that he is in the process of relocating to Florida.

Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2020 5:50 pm    

I think he's picking with some friends in Florida.

Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2020 12:21 pm    

Thanks. Being not on Facebook I was just making sure all was well.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2020 5:08 am    

Mickey was in Florida for a while. He recently went back to Texas but he goes back and forth between Fl. and Tx. somewhat regularly.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2020 9:52 pm    

Hey Pookie... I'm still dealing with a head injury.. I have pretty severe memory issues.
I've backed away from most social sites, including the forum..
I am getting ready to move back to FL in Nov...Thanks for asking about me..Smile
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2020 5:55 am    

Good luck Mickey.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2020 1:11 pm    

Smile... Thank you Doug..9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2020 4:37 am    

Mickey, best wishes on any of your efforts. Thanks for so many years of awesome teaching and help on the pedal steel. You're the best.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2020 7:08 am    

Come visit or even pick with us at our monthly steel jams. We plan on starting up 2nd Wednesday in November (11th) at Catfish Johnny's in Lake Panasoffkee. This will be our 18th year. Not that far from Wiersdale and The Villages.

Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2020 3:10 am    

Good to hear from you. I'm praying for ya. Hope to see you at the Mississippi show if Bill decides he can pull it off this year.

Reed Ohrbom

Hemet, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2022 12:46 am     Mickey Adams Contact Info

I'm a huge fan of Mickey; I purchased my first 2 Steel guitars from him many years ago, both Mullen PRP's, a brown woodgrain D-10, and a Ferrari Red, (or Fire Engine Red?), SD-12, both wonderful, singing guitars, thanks to Mickey hand selecting them for me.

I've been "sidetracked" (by my love of regular guitars) since then, lost the D-10 in bankruptcy, broke my heart. But somehow managed (through the grace of God, I think) to keep the SD-12; it's my pride and joy even though I haven't learned to play it in all this time. I took a lock at it the other day, and I'm hooked again.

I would like to get in touch with Mickey again, and purchase his instruction book, and I know he changed his email address some time ago, but I can't find the thread about it.

Sooooo, is Mickey still "in the loop", and doesn't mind being contacted? If so, what's his preferred method of contact? Thanks everyone for the Forum

Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 24 May 2022 2:37 am    

You can private message him on this forum,or on Facebook if you have it. He usually answers either in a timely manner.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2022 8:23 pm    

Mickey's also on MeWe.com. It's the anti-Facebook. https://mewe.com/i/mickeyadams1

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 6:24 am    

Mickey left FB for a while, but is back in full force. I don't think mewe got much attention, at least not for me. People don't want to give up what they already have.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 7:42 am    

For what it's worth, I'm on MeWe every day. Their "Musicians of MeWe" group is a lot of fun, and privacy is paramount. I really like it. I haven't seen any posts from Mickey there lately, though. Maybe he bailed.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 7:58 am    

Truth-MixSixStrings
MeWe, not posting on..
I’m living in FL, playing with a great band full time
alongside Bobby Randall from Sawyer Brown..
Still having major issues with TBI.. but managing..
Thanks for the post.. Wink

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 9:53 am    

Hey Mickey,;me being a TBI Survivor as you well know, this will be short info hopefully to those that are reading but in case you forgot our discussion; I think we talked about, but my brain doctor told me, and I found it to be extremely important as I went along with it, he said: "Ricky you're going to battle with memories and yesteryear and frustrations of the person you used to be", then he looked right at me and pointed at me and said: "Ricky, you will never be that person again, so don't battle with that person, the person you are now, is when you look in the mirror that person right there is who you are, find out how to live with that person and be all right with the way you do things now". and Mickey I even changed the way I picked because I was having such frustration with the way I thought it was supposed to pick, and it hurt my hand again but I changed the way I picked now I'm free and clear I have no pain in my hand my fingers are flying amongst the strings, I'm so happy.
Yes now I do trip, I do drop things, I do run into things but now I just laugh at itas I know my coordination is gone from past as that person I used to be, and just isn't there and that's okay. I'm really digging the new Ricky now, so welcome to the new Mickey, continue on my brother.
Ricky

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 10:02 am    

Mickey called me a couple days ago. He's doing well in Florida playing an Opry show and loving it.He's back on FB.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 11:59 am    

I just got another 30 day ban for posting
“Stupid Americans”.. this was posted to a video
of American citizens, being interviewed randomly on the street., that don’t know who the capital of the US was named after….therefore instantly qualifying as just that… Apparently I’ve insulted myself.

Ricky: nobody in my world seemed to understand the change I’ve gone through.
You hit the nail on the head.. I deal with this new guy every day he’s like 5 years old ...

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 1:51 pm    

Yes Mickey that is another thing for us TBI folks to understand; is family and friends and collogues don't have a clue about TBI unless they have experienced it in a very personal way. Somehow it is the Brain that humans seem to understand and study the LESS about. I grew up as an Athlete and injured so many times and I was an Elite Gymnastics coach and physical therapist and I have seen EVERY INJURY; except Brain Injury; until it happened to me 7 years ago, and of course I started study about it cause I wanted to know what happened to me and how to deal with it(as soon as within the first few months of even knowing what my name is..ha.). We don't need to help others understand about our Brain injury; ONLY WE need to understand about our brain injury. WE are NOT the excuse. They will either not understand or they will try to study and understand or they have experience and understand; but We act the same for all those aspects; we say: "Thanks for your patience" and we walk away.
Ricky

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 5:50 pm    

Wow.. a lot to digest brother.. we shall carry on???.. I’m giggin!!

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 6:45 pm    

Quote:

Wow.. a lot to digest brother.

Yes my brother; there is...but we actually have the advantage of all the "what was" and "what will be" are NOT rushing into our brains like the NON-TBI person; we literally DO HAVE; one minute/day at a time. No we don't know what tomorrow brings; but we know who Holds Tomorrow and that gives us the confidence in; we are in charge of what is right in front of us, for us.
Love ya....and yes; Continue on Bro; we're doing it man.
Ricky
P.S....another thing I found out about the Brain: "Music uses more of the Brain function than anything else in the world".... So glad your giggin...and it was Music that saved my life when my friend came in and laid my Dobro on my chest and strummed it; the first 10 days in ICU and first two weeks in Brain Rehab hospital.

Bill Ladd

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2022 6:57 pm    

Mickey and Ricky - glad you guys are keepin’ rolling with what you’ve both been through. I’ve gotten so much from both of you over the years here on the forum!! Seriously!

Sorry for the struggles, but it seems like y’all both have a killer attitude and outlook about it.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2022 5:37 am    

Smile.. that made my day… Rick?? Smile