The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Replacment Tuners for Emmons P/P
Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 2:52 am    

A little while back i decided to change out the machine heads (tuners) on my 1969 Emmons P/P . When i started my search i quickly found out the original Kluson machine heads were no longer available. So i started digging deeper to find any kind of replacement. I even went as far as to maybe update the machine heads to Sperzel's or Grovers, which would change the original look of the key heads...not happy. Well through my research i ended up on the archived Steel Guitar Forum. This place my friends is a treasure trove of stored information. I would like to thank Bob right here for keeping that going as well. Anyways one forumite suggested Gotoh machine heads. I looked into them and they seamed like a very good alternative replacement. However I don't think the dealer business here in North America survived the closer, as they are not responding at all to any type of communication. So on the hunt again I went looking around Reverb and found a music store in London England with 4 sets in stock, the exact sets I needed and without any modification, TA DA. I have included a picture of the model number here in case anyone else needs some new tuners as well as Gotoh its self is still in business. I hope this helps some of you folks.
thanks
wayne

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 4:52 am    

What, you ain’t playing a Murren’s no more??

Bobby Hearn

Henrietta, Tx
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 6:53 am    

Wayne, do you have a website for the tuners, and how long did it take to receive them? Thanks.

Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 7:08 am     tuners

Bobby I got mine out of England however the North American dealer is in Vancouver BC and there web site is www.japarts.ca
Bob if this is against forum rules please delete this post. as for delivery they say about 4 weeks as they are made at the time of order. Also you may find someone down there that might have a direct connection to Gotoh parts line
thanks
wayne

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 10:09 am    

England? These are readily available from places like StewMac, but less $ elsewhere. Same with the Kluson-branded version. I bought two sets of the nickel butterbean Gotohs from Amplified Parts a short while back, received them in two days, $29/set.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/tuners-gotoh-vintage-oval-knob-3-side
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/tuners-kluson-oval-3-side-nickel

Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 21 May 2022 11:38 am     tuners

That's great Ian...as i said I am not in the USA and i found mine in England. I'm glad you have a source down there. Just sharing what i did that's all
wayne