The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 Replacement Speaker
Roger Robinson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 6:09 am    

I'm looking for a different 12" speaker to try in a Nashville 112.

Has anyone used the Warehouse ET65 or ET90 in a 112?

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 6:36 am    

Use a TT-12 (Travis Toy) they are fantastic in a NV-112. Rich and full. I have one with a TT-12 and another with a Telonics 12. Even though they both work great. I prefer the TT-12 My 2 cents

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 6:43 am    

Roger..I currently have the Warehouse 'CS12/C' (paper cone) in my Nashville 112 and like it better than any speaker that I have previously tried (a partial list includes the Eminence 'EPS-12C', the Telonics, and the factory installed Blue Marvel). Recently installed one in my Marsh 'Mello-Verb' amp with equally satisfactory results.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 7:02 am    

I had a NV112 that I bought used with a Telonics TSNEO12 speaker. Sounded great. I had a TT12 and uninstalled the Telonics and installed the TT12. The Telonics won with a little smoother highs and a little more lows (but not boomy.

The speaker cabinet can make a difference with speakers. Related to the NV112 where the Telonics won, I bought a (new) Quilter TT 12 amp. I installed the Telonics in the Quilter Block Dock 12 enclosure and the TT12 won with basically the same reasons the Telonics won in the NV112.

I also found, experimenting, that either a different speaker or the chip mod in the NV112 but not both. Both sort of made it "sterile" sounding.

Roger Robinson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 7:06 am    

Jack, I've wanted to try the chip mod on the 112, but not sure I could do it. There's nobody around close that I know of that could work on it.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 7:58 am    

If you have an older made in USA model the chips are on sockets. Not too hard to replace. The Ken Fox chip mod kit is a H... of a lot cheaper than a new speaker.

Newer 112's made in China do not have chip sockets, the chips are soldered to the printed circuit board. Possible to change these but a major task and special SMT soldering/desoldering equipment needed.