The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chris Scruggs / Delbert Mcclinton
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 3:26 pm    

Hey all. I just got an advance copy of Delbert McClinton's new CD. Old Country, 50's rock and R&B. Chris Scruggs does some "killing it" work on this . Give it a listen if you can. I think the release date is next Monday. Chris doesn't get near enough credit for his steel work. He kicks butt all over it!
Gary
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 4:37 pm    

Thanks Mr. Strout, I had read somewhere that Delbert had retired, nice to see that he has some new material, he's one of the best, also a Lubbock boy!

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 6:03 pm    

Yes Sir. He is officially retired. This was just a project he worked on with Kevin McKendree and others. (long time Delbert keyboard player) Delbert is 81 and although he likely won't be going on the road anymore, I believe he is doing a Sandy Beaches Cruise next year in Jan. I hope he continues to record. The man is an American music legend.
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'

Robert B Murphy

Mountain View, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 6:47 am    

Amen to Delbert being a legend. He's never done anything I haven't liked and I'm glad to see he's still working. Thanks for the heads up.