The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wayne Bridge
Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2022 10:18 pm    

The Muscle Shoals go-to recording pedal steel player Wayne Bridge has passed. (Fame studios)
I found an obituary but you must subscribe to the paper so I haven't listed it.

Here's a YouTube video.
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/wayne-bridge-mn0000388371

If anyone has any further info, please post it. I had never heard of him.

Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 18 May 2022 4:00 am    

I saw him play at steel shows in Fulton,MS several years ago.He was really top shelf and knew his stuff.He and Bobbye Seymour played together and really put on a show.

RIP Wayne.

Jeremy Marcum

Northport, Alabama... USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2022 11:19 am    

Allen Hahn

Washington DC, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2023 9:21 pm    

I studied steel (Hawaiian) guitar from Wayne's father, Charles Allen Bridge. Charles and his wife Louise (I think that was her name) traveled from the Pittsburgh, PA, area to my home town of Spartansburg, PA, once a week to give lessons. This went on for about 3 years. Charles taught the Oahu Diagram (n/k/a Tablature) Method but had rather an acerbic (but sometimes charming) personality. Wayne was around 16 at the time. He was a terrific player, also taught sometimes and, at the time, had a Harlin Brothers Multi-Kord. They were a musical family. Wayne's brother was named Allen. He had a younger sister whose name I don't recall. Wayne was a great guy with a terrific sense of humor. He performed with his brother, mother and sister at our town fair. He drove a black and white early 50s Chevy on which he'd painted, "Last Date." I always wondered what happened to Wayne because he was a great talent. I wish I'd had the opportunity to re-connect with him. Rest in peace Wayne.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2023 1:32 pm    

I inquired about Wayne Bridge on the forum a few years ago, and I never got a response from anyone to his whereabouts. I’m sad to hear of his passing. I met Wayne back in the early nineties when he was playing for Vern Gosdin. They were doing quite a few shows in Branson back then. We struck up a pretty good friendship. He did an excellent job backing up Vern. He was very nice to me, and I always valued his friendship and musicianship. Wish I could’ve gotten in touch with him somehow. Anyhow, my condolences to his family and friends.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2023 6:51 am     Wayne Bridge Funeral Home Obituary

Here is the funeral home obituary for Wayne Bridge: https://www.adairfuneralservices.com/obituary/Wayne-Bridge
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Jeremy JT Young

Loretto Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2023 11:12 am     Wayne Bridge's Equipment

I knew Wayne since I moved to the Muscle Shoals area in 91. Great guy and Great Steel player. I was with an artist that did some styff with Vern and Wayne played for Vern. Just talked to Wayne's son and they are selling Wayne's gear off. It's listed on Marketplace
JT Young, Nashville LTD SD10,MSA Classic D10, Baggett Custom S10, Payne S10, 1976 Sierra Olympic S12 Ext.E9th, Hudson Deluxe 6, 2 2x12 Fender Blues Devilles, 1x12 Fender Blues Deluxe, Nashville 112 w Celestion, Boss Katana, Telonics, Peterson, Boss, Goodrich, Electro Harmonix