him mentioned.
E bay has a guitar brought to them by Buddy Emmons
son.
????

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2008 8:08 pm    

I think that he could be a Bass player?Maybe not. Confused
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Elizabeth West

Surrey, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2008 8:39 pm    

One of the fellows at buddy's both in St,Louis last told me Buddy hads a son.

Jerry Erickson

Atlanta,IL 61723
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2008 8:41 pm    

I think his son used to play bass for John Anderson.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 3:56 am    

Yes, he has a son, but I would seriously doubt the story that that eBay guitar was brought to the Seller by Buddy's son...

Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 5:41 am    

I met Buddy's son about 18 years ago on a dinner boat cruise out of St, Petersburg, Florida where my daughter and her husband provided the live music. He and I spent about a half hour talking -- mostly about his father. Nice, friendly young gentleman; a trait I'm sure derived from the genes of his two wonderful parents.
Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 9:05 am    

Groucho and Roy, Im with you.

Thats just ridiculous! Larry has a perfectly fine S-12 basketweave p/p guitar which Buddy gave him that should he ever decide to do so, would certainly be legitimate to offer as having been Buddy's(its not having been personally built by Big E notwithstanding Laughing)and would most certainely bring more $$ than that P.O.S. pictured in the add, so this sure seems bogus to me too. I notice that there's no mention of Larry by name in the add as well.
I know beyond a doubt that there's only one way that Larry would ever part with the particular guitar Im speaking of and it wouldnt be on eBay. Larry, Im still looking for a "you know what" for you Wink
this all seems sooo familiar......I believe that forgery is still a felony, correct? eBay needs to be held accountable for this kind of nonsense, and its not even the first time Ive seen similar such items supposedly belonging to persons of great musical stature being offered on there. They have zero credibility with me at any rate.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 10:40 am    

Larry is an excellent bass player. At one time He was a Texas Troubadour with ET. Jody.

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 11:00 am     Two,,,,I think

I'm not all together sure, but pretty sure,,,,,that Budy has two sons,,,,,Larry, who lives in the Nashville area, and another son down in Florida.
Help me out here Mike.
BB

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 11:04 am    

Buddy has TWO son's, Larry the oldest, and Buddy the steel player. I sold Buddy (JR.) a Sho-bud in 1986,

Larry is from Buddy's first wife, "Buddy" the second son's mother was GiGi. As is his daughter Tammy.

Buddy Gene Emmons was married three times as most of you know.

Both the sons look just like Buddy to me, both have the charictoristics of their Dad.
Thank goodness Tammy doesn't she looks like her
Mom! Very Happy

I think Buddy Jr. is still in Fl. with his Mom and sister.

Bobbe

Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 11:18 am    

I don't recall the first name of the son that I met. Since it happened in St. Pete, FL it's probable that it was Florida resident Buddy Jr.

After all, at age 78, 18 years ago still falls in the category of "short-term memory" of which I ain't so pretty good.
Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

Buddy Emmons

Hermitage, TN USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 3:09 pm    

I was recently informed of the eBay guitar ad by someone that e-mailed me wanting to know if it was a joke of some kind. I can assure you it’s not a joke, not to me anyway. I didn’t build the guitar, didn’t sign it, nor have I ever seen or played a guitar like it. The same goes for my two sons, one living in Nashville and the other in Florida.

I’m in the process of finding the proper way to deal with this hoax and maybe save a possible buyer some grief down the road. If the seller is looking in on this thread, it would be a wise move for him to take the ad off the eBay site as soon as possible. Otherwise if he chooses to sit back and wait for the consequences through other channels, I can and will arrange that too.

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 6:16 pm    

WAY TO GO BUDDY !
CRAP like this needs to be stopped !

Ron !

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2008 6:49 pm    

The auction on this one has ended and fortunately there was no buyer.Forgeries and slander like this should be dealt with by the law.Slander of any kind is a crime and will be taken care of in a court of law when proven.

Like Buddy...do I hope that the seller of this item watches this forum and decides NOT to re-enter this item.

Good to see you again Buddy.

Ron

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 12:42 am    

Old thread but I was Googling this morning to recall Buddy Emmons son's name while replying to a Facebook post about Ernest. I do remember him saying he was Buddy Emmons son because I was somewhat of a steel player myself then and of course everyone knew who Buddy Emmons was. Buddy had played steel on quite a few of Tony's records. Anyway here's my FB reply and thanks for refreshing my memory. Lots of time has passed since 1979. BTW Ernest was one of the nicest guys that's famous I've ever talked too and many household names have used my recording service in Texas.

Ernest tried to hire me to play bass for him on his bus in 1979 but Tony Douglas the guy I was playing for at that time had just introduced me to Ernest that night. It was real tempting because I grew up watching Ernest TV show when I was a kid but I would have been a real dirty rat to have done Tony that way so I politely declined. I talked to Ernest for a half hour just him and I on his bus. He was ready to put me to work the following night. He said they had 14 more shows to do in Texas, we were in Ft. Worth that night playing the same gig, and he said they would drive me back home before they went back to Nashville. I'm just honored a legend like Ernest and his band nominated me even for the bass playing job. Ernest bass player at that time was Buddy Emmons son Larry Emmons and he was wanting to quit so he was really giving me a sale's pitch. Showed me an extra bunk on the bus where I would be sleeping and talked good about Ernest. Not sure what happened to Larry. Haven't heard about him since. Hoot was his bus driver then and a guy named Pete Mitchell was playing guitar, no relationship.

Chris Templeton

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 12:49 pm    

I met Larry around 1990, In Nashville, and he was playing bass in a blues band.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2022 6:09 am     In touch?

There is nobody here who has stayed in touch with his sons?

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2022 10:49 am    

I believe Buck Reid is in loose touch with Larry Emmons. He has gone through some stuff as I believe he lost a daughter not too long back.

Yes, Larry used to play base with Buck in John Anderson's band back in the good ole days.