The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Will Brown
Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 6:53 am    

Had the opportunity to deal with Will Brown here in Oklahoma and sit for a while and chat. Top notch guy, who tells it like it is...if he says it, you can believe it. Enjoyed meeting and dealing with Will. I would say he is a friend of mine now...Thanks, Will, enjoyed our visit!

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 12:03 pm     Thanks

Alan thanks,for the kind words and I had a great time talking to you and I consider you a friend take care and come back any time your more then welcomed

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 2:21 pm     Re: Will Brown

Alan Rudd wrote:
Had the opportunity to deal with Will Brown here in Oklahoma and sit for a while and chat. Top notch guy, who tells it like it is...if he says it, you can believe it. Enjoyed meeting and dealing with Will. I would say he is a friend of mine now...Thanks, Will, enjoyed our visit!

So Alan, inquiring minds would like to know. Were you playing poker with him, did you buy something from him, or did you hire him to play pedal steel? Winking

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 7:03 pm    

Donny! Direct, no bs and to the point! I wondered the same. I must tell you how much I enjoy your replies. Always spot on from my point of view. I’d also bet, you’re a great pedal steel player/musician. Your replies remind me of things my dad would say early on in my career.
Years ago, I called my dad after a tv show ( feeling good about my performance) asking if he watched. Dad replied, “Yeah, I watched, you’re not there yet”. Best thing ever to happen. Dad’s words made me work harder! Blessing.😊

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 May 2022 7:28 pm    

Well, a couple more guys I guess I don't know...I've been in Oklahoma all my life and have only played steel for 50 years. Heck, I just met Johnie Helms a few months ago and we're practically neighbors.

Will and Alan seem like good guys. I don't play cards, don't have a lot of spending money - maybe we could pick sometime!

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 4:07 am    

Actually Tommy, I thought it was funny, thought I'd missed something. I went back and re-read the post several times, and finally got curious as to the real subject of Alan's words about Will. Hope he didn't mind my question, as I was trying to be funny (but it doesn't always turn out that way when I post). Laughing But if Will can provide some good service or product, we all want to know about it, as those kinds of guys are hard to come by in many areas.

And thank you for the kind words! I was never really that great on steel ("I couldn't carry your case", as my father might quip), but I just played "different" than a lot of players. I suppose that was because I was mostly self-taught, and I played a lot of stuff that straight guitar players would normally do. The compliment I most often get from singers and musicians (at least, I think it's a compliment) is that "Nobody else plays quite like you; you're just...different."

In the end, I just do what little I can do, and try to do it well and have a good time. The world these days needs more laughs and good times. Very Happy

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 5:23 am    

For Tommy: Let me assure you, you are THERE now!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 6:19 am    

What I can tell you about Will is that he is a man of his word.

He has bought quite a bit of product from me over the past few years.
He seems sometimes to be a little short of funds, so I allow his extra time to pay, even though I ship the product right away.
He has never failed to pay as promised and I will continue to extend credit to him, no "credit report" needed.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 13 May 2022 8:44 am    

Great thread here.
I love to hear about folks like this.
PS - Tommy, as Larry said " You are there!!" IMHO
Donny - Keep up with you good questions & answers
for the rest of us.
My best to you all.
Ron

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head Smile

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.