The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep Purple tabbed for C6?
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2022 2:57 pm    

I've been looking around for a C6 pedal tab of Deep Purple. I did find one referenced on the Buddy Emmons site that linked to a swing course that SGNC might have but I haven't heard back from them. I'm not sure If I want the whole course for that one tune but it's probably a great course so we'll see. Anyone know of a nice C6 tab for Deep Purple? You know "When the Deep purple falls, over sleepy garden walls....".

Well I just pulled up the Gatton/Emmons youtube of them jazzing on that tune and although it's phenomenal picking as always by Buddy I can hardly stand to listen. It's one of his rare excursions into wah fx world. (I edited an uncalled for comment out here). Anyway, is there a tab out there for Deep Purple?

Steve Cattermole

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2022 10:03 am    

There is a Emmons course " It's All in the Swing" that has Deep Purple among other great tunes . Out of Nowhere comes to mind . Steel Guitars of North County sells it for 35 $ I beleive . They were closed for a couple weeks to go to the Dallas,Texas Jamboree. It's a great course, I got a lot of good out of it. Steve Catt

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 18 Mar 2022 10:44 am    

Thanks a lot Steve. I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it too.

Garry Vanderlinde

CA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2022 1:27 pm     Share a C6th Arrangement

I ran across this tab from the May 2016 issue of the now defunct The Pedal Steel Newsletter. It was a great read while it lasted!
I don't think they would mind sharing it again.

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 21 Mar 2022 3:34 pm    

Thanks so much Garry! That's what I was looking for -- a chord melody I can embellish on as I learn C6.

Walter Webb

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2022 8:06 am     Re: Share a C6th Arrangement

[quote="Garry Vanderlinde"]I ran across this tab from the May 2016 issue of the now defunct The Pedal Steel Newsletter. It was a great read while it lasted!
I don't think they would mind sharing it again.

Hello... could you explain the use of dots, mostly on the line of string 9 in this arrangement? Are they indicating the number of beats?

Steve Cattermole

California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2022 11:29 am    

I would still get the Emmons course, it shows real cool ways to play over the chords without using 1/2 pedals. I guess it's good to know both ways. The Emmons course has enough info to keep you busy for a long time, Out of Nowhere was really fun to learn, with some eye opening parts. Good Luck