The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Barbara Rosetta/Roy Rosetta
Barbara Rosetta

Nederland, Tx. , USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2022 9:43 am    

One month ago today Roy passed away. My heart is broken however we lived a wonderful love story for 42 years. My faith tells me we will be together again.

Roy had several medical issues that we were able to keep under control for many years. His body could not fight off the congestive heart failure. He was fine during Christmas and we had a great time with family. It was not until the following Thursday that he was really tired and Friday morning we took him to the hospital. He was alert and talking most of the day. He did not suffer and we are very thankful for that. He passed away quickly that evening.

Roy was an absolute master of the piano and loved playing. He brought a lot of joy to many people through his music and he was just a really great person. For many years we have been a part of an incredible music family and we thank all of you for being great friends and sharing your lives with us.

The loss of my love, Roy, is so hard to bear but the memories are incredible. He will forever be in my heart.

My heartfelt thanks to each of you for the many cards, flowers, kind words and donations to St. Jude Hospital and the TSGA Benevolent Fund in memory of Roy.

Hug your loved ones every day and May God Bless each of you. I hope to see you in Dallas in March.

Barbara Rosetta

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2022 1:32 pm    

Barbara, bless you for the follow up on Roy. I can't imagine a show without him. You have been so deeply involved with the organization, I'm happy you're going to continue with fund raising and support. We are fortunate to have you in our family. God bless you and Roy for your tireless efforts to make the steel guitar shows and organizations a continued success.

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 3:59 am    

Barbara,
You and your family are in my Prayers, Roy (Piano~Boy] was a special man... Always a Honor to share the band stand with him...He will be missed by all...Take care, Hope to see ya soon....Steel~Boy....

Love Ya....David.....

Thiel Hatt

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 4:34 am     Roys passing

I was touched by your assurance that you and Roy will be together again. I am convinced that it is a fact and a reality. Likewise his talents are appreciated and utilized there also. That conviction helps us through these difficult occasions. Thanks Roy for all you left with us to enjoy and appreciate.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 6:24 am    

Just as Donna and I were about to leave the Baxter show, I walked back in and told Roy how honored I felt to play music with him. His face lit up with a big smile as we shook hands. A great memory for me.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 7:29 am    

He was a Friend to every steel player

Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 11:36 am    

Barbara, all of us in Siloam Springs love and appreciate you and Roy so much. We thank you so much for your involvement with our little club, and we cherish Roy's memory. May GOD bless you and yours..looking forward to Dallas

Larry

Bruce Heffner

Payson, Arizona
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 11:42 am     Roy

AMEN and God Bless you.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 3:34 pm    

Barbara, a very nice write up on Roy. He was such a great man and such a awesome piano player. I was honored to be able to have him play for me at the Steel shows. He made playing such a pleasure, and was always there to pick me up when I wasn't playing so well. Roy will surely be missed.
Our prayers will continue for you and your family. Larry and Jean.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2022 7:33 am    

Barbara, That was a nice tribute about Roy and your marriage to him. Steel guitar shows will not be the same without him. I had just got to know Roy on a personal basis the last 5 or 6 years and he was a great guy. You know he and I gave Tony Tipton a hard time about being an OU fan. I have great memories of Roy and his talent was incredible. I know your life has been turned upside down and pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. Thanks for all you have done as well at all the steel shows as well. You are a major part and deserve to be honored as well. I hope you can still make some of the shows down the line. Praying for you that God gives you strength and comfort.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2022 9:18 pm    

Continuous prayers and love for you and your family, Barbara. And yes, we will all be together again. Until then, we cherish the great times we shared with Roy. God rest his precious soul.

Jim McGinnis

Owasso, OK USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 8:43 am    

Thank your Barbara for your post and sharing Roys health issues. I hope you are able to be in Dallas in March for the Texas Steel guitar show. If you do, wear a flak jacket. You will be bruised from all the huggs you will receive. You two were a team and both of you loved so much in the Steel guitar world.

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 2:39 pm    

Roy was a great person for sure. Everyone will miss him. Sending you big hugs šŸ«‚ and prayers šŸ™.

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 4:18 pm    

Barbara, Roy brought a lot of joy to the world through his wonderful piano playing and will be dearly missed. I pray that his memory brings you and your family peace throughout the years ahead.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 7:39 pm    

Barbara, thanks for coming here to share with us. We all loved Roy and know how special he was to our steel guitar community. He will be missed so very much.

Roy was my very first supporter when I started playing the ISGC and helped me get my footing, making corrections to my charts, giving advice and encouragement. And I always knew that, as long as Roy was in the band, I was gonna be alright. That gave me a lot of confidence to carry on. I will always be grateful to him for all of that and more.

And you too have been such a great contributor to the shows and the fundraisers and such a wonderful presence. Once the world regains its footing, I sure hope you'll still come to the shows and remain an important part of our community. We don't want to lose you from our midst either. Please stick with us, Barbara.

Rest in peace, Roy. I will miss you. We all will. But we won't forget you.

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2022 7:14 am    

Barbara, you and Roy were always such a big part to all of the steel shows. Roy's musicianship and your hospitality helped to make these shows so welcoming. Like Jim Cohen, mentioned, I hope that when things get more normal that you will continue to be a part of these shows.
Chuck

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2022 7:52 pm    

Roy will be remembered not only for his superb musicianship but also his kindness and support to steel players. You will be missed dear friend.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2022 7:14 am    

Barbara - Iā€™m sending love and my deepest condolences to you at this difficult time. šŸ™ā¤ļø
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2022 9:29 am    

Roy was a special friend. Always kind and supportive. I never heard him say a bad word regarding anyone. My love to Barbara and family.

Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2022 11:24 am    

Love, Prayers & Condolences to you Barbara. We have enjoyed Roy's piano playing for so many years at all the shows. Yes, there will be others...but he can never be replaced on stage or in our hearts! We are happy to hear you will continue with your work at the Steel shows.
Sincerely,
Neil & Barb Lang

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2022 11:40 am    

Missed seeing Roy in Dallas this year. Despite losing Roy, Barbara's smiling face again graced the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree just as she always has in the past. As Barbara has already said, each day is a blessing and appreciate every day with your families. RIP Roy.

Chris Templeton

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2022 5:27 pm    

That was very nice writing, Barbara.

David Hartley

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2022 3:18 pm     Hi

He was the best piano player I have ever played with..