The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Custom Built Tele Style Silver Sparkle Lapis Lazuli Stones
Kevin Bayless

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2022 6:54 am    

Custom made tele from Rising Star Guitars. Very well-made tele with outstanding pickups and playability. I haven't played it much, and probably won't since I'm mostly playing pedal steel. So someone else should enjoy it. It originally had stars on the headstock, which I didn't really like so I removed. As a result, there's some discoloration on the headstock front which could easily be removed with sandpaper or stain (see 3rd photo). Below is the description from the original listing:

Custom Designed and crafted "tele" style guitar in a soft grey sparkle finish. The top is surrounded by inlaid lapis lazuli diamond cut stones. The body is bound on the top and the bottom. The knobs are filigree chrome and black. The body is solid alder. The neck is a maple neck with a maple fingerboard - with a 14" radius fingerboard. The neck has a satin finish to reduce drag while playing. Abalone stars - Rising Stars - are applied to the headstock.

It has a Wilkinson ashtray bridge with brass compensating saddles. The neck pickup is a Kent Armstrong "Noiseless" P-90 - model #HP90NC - 17.2K - this is a really hot pickup! The bridge pickup is a split rail Kent Armstrong "Chaos Series" - model #THR1R - wired as a humbucker - 14K. It has a 500K volume pot, a 250k tone pot with Sprague orange drop capacitor. It has an Oakly 5 position super switch - position 1 is neck alone; position 2 is neck and bridge in series; position 3 neck and bridge parallel; position 4 neck and bridge series/out of phase; position 5 is bridge alone. My favorite is position 4 - an out of phase sound a la Peter Greene!

The guitar weighs 8 lbs. 10 oz. It comes with a gig bag.

$800 obo, plus shipping of $70 estimated.