The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Charlie Wayne - A Best Friend is Gone
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 6:33 am    

Yesterday (2-5-22) , one of my best friends, Charlie Wayne, passed away. He was my favorite guitar player to work with, and played with him in at least 4 bands that I can remember since the 70's. He was the lead guitar player in the first working (paid) band I was in. While he was mainly a guitar player and vocalist, he also played PSG. I am heartbroken. RIP brother Wayne.

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 2:40 pm    

Sorry for your loss Richard. May he RIP Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2022 6:02 am    

Wow, no doubt a serious loss of friendship. My sincere condolences for your friend and family. I'm sure you shared many memories and great music together. My prayers for all concerned.

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2022 3:41 am    

Very sad news, I also had played with Charley through the years....Are Dads played music together in the 50's ..R.I.P. Friend....

Last edited by David Wright on 8 Feb 2022 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2022 3:45 am    

Sorry for your loss David! Prayers for his family and friends! Stay safe my Friend.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2022 7:04 am    

Wow David. I didn't know your dad's played together. I can only imagine Chuck Wayne and Chuck Wright on the bandstand together. Must have been awesome.

Bill Childers

Juneau, Alaska
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2022 4:31 pm     I knew Charlie when...

Just found this, as I am cleaning out my studio and need to find a good home for my Emmons; Have not been here for ages.

I knew Charlie back when he was recording at Grady's Tiki studio, playing Cowtown and Livermore. I actually wrote a number of the songs we recorded back then: "Get Out of Town", "Texas Ladies", and I found a video he posted of "I Don't Remember Goodbye" (he called it "I Never Lied"). That last one I wrote in his kitchen around 4am; a group of us played in three different bands and would hang after at his place until sunrise...

Good Bye Charlie, we all loved you then and miss you now.
I Don't Remember Goodbye

Bill