The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Larry Gerdeman
Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 6:13 am    

My friend, Larry Gerdeman passed away today after a long illness. Larry lived in Hannibal, Missouri and was very active in the steel guitar community. Please keep Larry's wife and family in your prayers.

Last edited by Duane Dunard on 1 Feb 2022 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 6:21 am    

That is sad news and hurts to learn of his passing. Larry and I became friends at the many steel shows we attended. He was a solid player, good singer and a treat to hear him perform. He became heavily involved in gospel music in his later years. May you RIP old friend. My prayers for his family and friends.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 7:33 am    

This breaks my heart! Larry and I have been friends for several years. He came and performed on several of my Annual Steel Guitar Shows. He was such a nice man and loved The Lord! Prayers for his wife, family and his many friends!

Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 10:35 am    

I'm sorry to learn of Larry's passing. I enjoyed knowing him and Dolores for several years. We have lost too many of our musician friends recently. Prayers for Dolores and family and friends who love them.

JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 1:02 pm    

So sorry to hear,he will be missed

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 3:30 pm    

So sorry to read this, I got to know Larry thru some of the Steel Guitar shows. A very friendly man and a great Steel player. Prayers for the family.

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2022 4:34 pm    

I met Larry at the TSGA Jamboree about 8 years ago. We communicated numerous times over the years. Sorry to learn that he was not well and has passed on. RIP Larry!

C.D. Richards

Owasso,OK
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2022 7:38 am     Larry

Such sad news. I had the privilege of knowing Larry for several years he was at true gentlemen and a very dear friend. My wife and I always enjoyed the time we got to spend with Larry and his lovely wife Dolores. Thoughts and prayers for Delores and family.

Wayne Morton

Tishomingo, Okla
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2022 2:38 pm    

I’m losing way too many friends. RIP Larry.

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 4:12 am    

I am so sad to hear about Larry passing away. I played guitar for Jeannie C. Riley in the mid 1990's and I first met Larry on a show we were doing in Kewanee IL. He was working for the company that supplied the P.A. system for the show. We instantly hit it off and when I told him that I grew up in Champaign Illinois and would drive up from Nashville to visit family quite often when I wasn't doing roadwork he asked me for my number and said he might be able to throw some work my way. He had not started to play steel back then but he was really interested in it. I saw him at the St. Louis show later that year and he had bought a D10 Remington. He called me about a gig in the Hannibal area not too long after that and I went there and stayed at his place for a few days and gave him a steel lesson. He was a really nice guy and was a very dedicated pedal steel player. I wound up playing a few more gigs with him here and there and I would see him at the St. Louis show every year. He had bought an Emmons LeGrand and really loved it. I could tell that he was really growing as a steel player every time I talked to him and recall that he had played an Opry type show in Hannibal for a while and also played a lot of Gospel music. He was one of those people that you always enjoyed talking with and had one of the most positive outlooks on life that I've ever seen. My condolences go out to his wife Dolores and all of his family and friends. May he RIP

Last edited by Bob Watson on 3 Feb 2022 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2022 2:43 pm    

Hated to hear about Larry. Very nice guy.