The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NEW Tommy White & Paul Franklin Course: TRADING LICKS
Tom Spaulding

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2022 4:38 pm    

In this new course, TRADING LICKS, Tommy and Paul take a trip back in time to when they were first learning - chasing the legends of the Golden Age around Nashville - and soaking up as much info as they could. They spontaneously generate lick ideas over a track, then explain their thought process, musical and stylistic references, and even how their own different playing preferences influence what and where they play their ideas.

Through a combination of talk-teaching and tablature, Tommy and Paul show you every note and nuance of their licks. They break apart a common Country Shuffle progression in the style of "I Fall To Pieces" and explore each 4-bar chord progression: 4511, 1144, 1455, 5511. They then play variations on their initial ideas and show how solid lines can be adapted to fit any style or tempo.

Bonus sections on their approaches to Minor, Diminished and Augmented chords are included to round out the chord qualities you will encounter most often.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 9:04 am    

This course is unique in that it is up close and personal. Paul and I reminisce of how and what we learned from the masters of an era that still apply today.
Even though we have our own variables and ideas, the basics are there.
We hope you enjoy our efforts!😊

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 9:42 am    

Tommy, I have known you since I met you upstairs at ShoBud MANY years ago.

Heck, it did not take you but a couple of months of chasing and you surpassed almost everyone.

I am sure this is an interesting course and encourage players at all levels to get this.

Heck, I'm just proud to call you my friend.

Love ya pal
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Edward Efira

California, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2022 3:26 pm    

Tom,
I just sent you an email.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2022 8:29 pm    

Thanks so much everyone! Paul’s ideas and playing are spot on! Again,Thank you so much for supporting our efforts and keeping pedal steel alive and viable! More to come!😊