The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  AKG 414 EB P48 Microphone For Sale
David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2022 4:46 am    

I'm selling an AKG 414 EB P48 microphone for Cindy Haynes. Cindy is the widow of Walter Haynes who was a Nashville musician and studio owner, ISGHOF recipient and in the 1960's he was a producer for Decca Records at Bradley's Barn and in the 1970's was the Vice President of MCA Records - Nashville Division. Cindy was also a session vocalist in Nashville but told me she didn't know anything about equipment so I've handled that part for her since Walter's passing. We sold all the Neumann's and I would have liked to have bought the U67 myself but short on cash. A local studio, Rosewood, here in Tyler bought all the Neumanns, I sold the Altec Coke Bottle Tube mic on ebay. Cindy had kept this one thinking she would sing some Gospel songs again at my studio but she said singing was way down on her list of priorties with grandkids and handling Walter's Publishing Co. so she wants to sell it too. She liked the 414 for her voice better than the Neumanns. It's a little more open in the top end than most Neumanns although it stays pretty close to flat throughout the audible hearing range. I had the newer 414 TL ll model and it's a lot brighter, maybe too bright for some things than this one. I have sang some songs myself on this EB mic when Walter had his studio. Very clear, true to the source microphone.
I'm starting the price at $1450.00 but willing to consider any reasonable offer. This is the first 414 that featured 48 Volt Phantom power hence the P48 designation on the mic. It has a nylon ring capsule mount. They had dropped the brass ring capsule like the C12 had prior to this version. The one like this with the brass ring capsule is selling for many thousands today. I couldn't tell you the difference because I've never used one with a brass capsule only the tube C12 mics that had them. This would be a great mic if it's the only vocal/instrument mic you have. PM me through messenger if interested and just caption it AKG to get my attention. Thanks!

Paul Ricci

NYC, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2022 6:49 am    

wish I could

Last edited by Paul Ricci on 27 Jan 2022 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2022 1:05 pm    

Sale Pending

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2022 3:49 pm    

Still for sale.

Michael Brebes

Northridge CA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 11:42 am    

At least two on Reverb right now for $999 each. You might want to reconsider your price. I've had two for years and they are great workhorse mics.
Dickerson MOTS/Dobro D32 Hawaiian/
Goldtone Paul Beard Reso

Mesa Boogie Studio Pre/Hafler 3000
RP1/MPX100

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 1:38 pm    

Michael Brebes wrote:
At least two on Reverb right now for $999 each. You might want to reconsider your price. I've had two for years and they are great workhorse mics.

Yes, I understand that but the owner set the price. It's not my decision. I just agreed to list it for her.
I'm sure she will come down on the price in time if she really wants to sell it. I will keep her informed.

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 7:40 pm    

Make an offer.