The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nailing a Bucky Baxter Lick
chuck lemasters

Jacksonburg, WV
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2022 2:59 pm    

Tucker…thanks, I didn’t know how to put the tab up there with this IPad…sliding down to nine is probably closer to the recording than simply ending on eleven. Dropping down to strings 3&4 for the last double stop, for me, is easier than playing double stops with thumb and index, then reaching for the first string slide in the other method. ……Ian…I lower string four with the same knee as string two, but in opposite directions, so that method is out…..and I like the Hal Rugg-ish sound with the second string….now the question for Dan is…have you found a method that works for you?

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2022 3:17 pm    

I have the 2nd string C# lower on the same lever as the E lowers a la Jeff Newman, so for me it makes that lick dead simple, that's the only lever or pedal needed. Some new ideas too! That's one those changes that I wonder why it's not more common (the 2nd string C# lower along with E lowers). It's useful and doesn't really interfere with anything that you might normally do with string 2 when Es are lowered. I haven't found any conflicts in my own playing. I just found a new use though.