The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  P2P Bad Dawg 1x12 Quilted Flame Maple Cabinet. Please close
Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2022 1:30 pm    

Up for sale is this BEAUTIFUL P2P Bad Dawg.. This amp is absolutely the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard played through (I’ve played through several). Originally, Mike made this one and kept it for himself until I bought it a few months back. Features include a half power switch and an attenuator knob which works sort of like a master volume. The amp has a place to connect a foot switch… also has a hi& low inputs…. Switch to select different speaker OHMs on back. Onboard spring reverb. The speaker is a Eminence Legend EM12N which is a fabulous sounding speaker. The Bad Dawg is 100 watts of pure tonal perfection and it will make you go deaf if that’s what you’re aiming for…. Definitely not lacking headroom!!!

The cabinet is quilted maple with dove tail joints.and Mike is very meticulous in everything he does, so needless to say it is beautiful. This is 1 of 2 BD amps that Mike made a cabinet for. The only cosmetic flaws are some small scratches on the very bottom, meaning you can’t see them unless you flip the amp up. I recently put tall rubber feet on the amp to prevent anymore scratches but still have the nice gold feet that came on it. Amp also has a thick padded slip cover which you will see in the picture.

I am pricing this amp to sell. I am in no big hurry, so please don’t offer me $2,000 because you’ll be wasting your time, and mine. I really DO NOT want to ship this amp but if you insist, I can pack the tube separately. If you do insist on it being shipped, the actual cost of packing and shipping/ insurance will fall on you. Preferable you can pick it up here in Cincinnati or I can meet you if it isn’t too awfully far. I’m willing to drive up to 2 hours from my house or there about.
Priced to sell at $3300. Will consider cash+trade deal (but it has to be the right one). This amp is top of the line so I won’t give it away.

Venmo, PayPal friends and family, check or money order (must clear before amp is shipped if you choose to have it shipped) or cash accepted. If you are picking the amp up,
Cash or venmo/ PayPal only.

Serious inquiries only please. If you have questions, you can reach me via PM or email at jamesmorris3117@gmail

For more quality pictures and pictures of the inside and components, visit Mikes website at: http://www.p2pamps.com/bad-dawg

Last edited by Jim Morris on 18 Jan 2022 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Adam Aldridge

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2022 11:51 am     Amp

Why are you selling this amp ?

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2022 3:45 am    

Why does anyone sell anything; money. 😂

Adam Aldridge

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2022 8:30 am     Amp

Some folks obviously sell for chasing for the "tone" or wanting something less weight and the sad part need money . Just seeing your reason .

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2022 5:36 am    

Yeah that’s true. No I’m not selling it because I’m chasing tone… on the contrary, this amp gives me the tone I hear in my head so I really don’t want to sell. If I don’t get any reasonable offers or replies this week I will most likely keep it. The last couple months have been lean times… no gigs but they are starting back up this weekend so thankfully I’ll be making some money.

Last edited by Jim Morris on 18 Jan 2022 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2022 7:29 am     Re: Amp

Adam Aldridge wrote:
Some folks obviously sell for chasing for the "tone" or wanting something less weight and the sad part need money . Just seeing your reason .

Adam, James is a bit of a Gear, lets say hound, Laughing ... BUT, let me attest, that if I ever get rid of mine it would be for reasons of money and nothing else.

These amps are Da Bomb. Been using mine exclusively the last few months, with everything I've recorded being done with the p2p.

I'm no Randy or Wayne, maybe not even James, but love what this amp gives me.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2022 7:37 am    

Thanks Dale…. And yes that’s the ONLY reason I have mine listed at this point.

Chris Willingham

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2022 10:44 am     Re: Amp

Dale Rottacker wrote:

I'm no Randy or Wayne, maybe not even James, but love what this amp gives me.

I'm no Dale, and certainly no Randy or Wayne, but I'll strongly second this also. Best amp I've ever played thru by a long shot. Makes me smile every single time I turn it on. I played this exact amp in Nashville in August and it sounds as good as it looks. The depth in the flame of the maple cabinet and the grill cloth is really something to see in person! Mike is a genius and a perfectionist, not to mention a great dude. This one won't last long.

2021 MSA Legend XL Signature S10 5X6 brown burst
Beard Josh Swift Sig, the purple one
Lap King Rodeo
p2p Bad Dawg 1x12, Quilter TT12 and a bunch of fiddles

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2022 6:48 pm    

Please close. I’m be decided to keep the amp. Thanks