The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2022 SWSGA Show Jan 13th. 14th. 15th. in Mesa, AZ
Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2021 8:34 am    

Greetings

The show is fast approaching and schedules and plans are moving forward. A list of players, seminars and venders are now updated on the SWSGA website. As always, things will likely change a little but we will try and update the best that we can.

If you wish to stay at the host hotel, the link is also listed. Remember that the last day to make your hotel reservations and get the show rate is December 20th.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone.

http://www.swsteelguitar.com

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2021 10:38 am    

Bill, is there a vendors page on the website?

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2021 8:03 am    

Hi Fred. We added the venders to the website. We're trying to add things as they move forward.

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2021 6:27 am    

As we're getting close to the date and COVID is surging, it would be helpful to know what COVID protocols will be in place, if any. This will be factoring in to my (and I'm sure other's) decision as to whether or not to attend this year.

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2021 10:22 am    

Hi Slim

It's a moving target. As of now, there are no restrictions. Of course the state could impose them on the hotel which we will have to follow.

There are things that we can do such as move the chairs further apart, wash your hands, wear a mask if you wish, etc. It's an individual decision and everyone will access their own risk concerns.

We are in contact with the hotel and they have been great working with us. If there are any changes, we'll pass on the information.

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2021 10:46 am    

Thanks for the info Bill.

Without further restrictions, I'm afraid I'll have to sit this one out. I absolutely love the show, the great players, and all the friends I've made, but too many are making the wrong "individual decisions" (which affect more than the individual) for me to feel comfortable attending.

- Slim

Gary Kaye

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2021 9:27 pm     Website updates

Wondering why Infinity is listed as a vendor when Frank is no longer making his guitars, although I wish he was !!

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2021 7:34 am    

Hi Gary.

The SWSGA is a membership based, non-profit organization. One of the reasons that it's made it from year to year is because of people like Frank who support the club. The venders pay for those rooms and tables and that help keep the shows going.

The big screen tv, sound system, musicians, etc. are usually donating their time, talents, and love for the show. I wish that we could show everyone what actually happens behind the scenes at all of these steel guitar shows. It's truly amazing!

Hope to see you at the show.

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2021 12:43 pm    

Where is the link to your websire?
SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT I WAS READING.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2021 7:47 pm    

Slim, I think your chances of getting run over by a SENIOR CITIZEN driving an RV are much worse here.šŸ˜Ž

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2021 6:57 am    

Ron Pruter wrote:
Slim, I think your chances of getting run over by a SENIOR CITIZEN driving an RV are much worse here.šŸ˜Ž

Funny Ron, but apparently inaccurate:

2021 traffic deaths in AZ (through Dec. 16) according to Gray Media Group: 1,060
(source: https://www.azfamily.com/news/arizona-traffic-deaths-in-2021-surpass-vehicle-fatalities-last-year/article_79ae9f5e-5ec4-11ec-88b7-7bf5ba7e7386.htm)

According to the NY Times, current average deaths per day from COVID in AZ: 71 (* 350 days = 24,850) (source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/arizona-covid-cases.html)

Anyway, I sincerely hope everyone who attends does their best to keep themselves safe and takes common sense precautions before, during, and after the show to minimize the spread (and to watch out for those RVs Winking) cause I want to be able to visit with y'all next time!

- Slim

Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2021 4:43 am    

Do we know the schedule yet for Thursday the 13th? Wondering if registration starts at 9am..... any workshops?
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2021 8:38 am    

Hi Mike,

Things are still changing. I'm going to put an undated list together around Jan 1. and we'll update the website.

Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 9:01 pm    

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you all, and playing a couple steel sets and a bunch of guitar to make up for what I do on the steel sets!!!! Hahahā€¦..

Should be fun - Slim, Iā€™ll miss seeing you, totally understand, and plan to be as safe as possible, promise

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 6:33 am    

Christopher Woitach wrote:
Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you all, and playing a couple steel sets and a bunch of guitar to make up for what I do on the steel sets!!!! Hahahā€¦..

Should be fun - Slim, Iā€™ll miss seeing you, totally understand, and plan to be as safe as possible, promise

And I will surely miss seeing you, especially your steel sets -- always a highlight of the show for me. Have a wonderful time and do be careful!!!

- Slim

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2022 9:07 am     Infinity Room

Although Fran and Frank Carter will not be able to attend the SWSGA show this year, I will be keeping his room open as the Infinity Room. I'll be bringing a few guitars (including Tommy Dodd's D10 Infinity and his keyless Zum SD10) and another D10 Infinity as well as a Franklin D10. I'll also be bringing all the Emmons course material and Peterson tuners.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2022 5:29 pm    

Jim, Cool. C U there. RP

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2022 2:57 pm     Miss The Mesa Steel Show and You

I'm bummed-squared-cubed to have to cancel my reservation for this year's show. My reasons, while medical, are orthopedic rather than immunilogical. I'll make a donation to SWSGA in lieu of a three-day admission ticket. The rest of all-y'all have fun.

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2022 3:07 pm     Re: Miss The Mesa Steel Show and You

Ben Elder wrote:
... I'll make a donation to SWSGA in lieu of a three-day admission ticket...

Great idea Ben, I will do the same.

- Slim

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2022 8:34 pm     Sill Music Supply will have a 2 table booth in the main hall

Come visit us at the SWSGA Show in Mesa, AZ

Come visit us and see our Quilter cabinets and amps. We have our new video course on the operation and features of the Peterson Strobo PLUS HDC tuner.

We have a supply of the new HDC tuners and accessories. Order a new MULLEN PEDAL STEEL WHILE AT THE SHOW.

We have available for April/May shipment of new Discovery's. Order an RP or a G2 at the show.

We have legs and sockets at the show, strings, picks and all of Hilton's products.

We will see you at the Hilton in Mesa.

Gary Sill 217-433-7455
sillmusicsupply@gmail.com
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2022 8:55 am    

Bill, still waiting for 3-day ticket I ordered, and my check has not cleared yet. Is it ā€œwill callā€?
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2022 6:57 pm    

Mike

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t see this. Yes, theyā€™ll be will call.

Thereā€™s a lot behind the scenes but the show will continue. Troy and Peggy should get a Nobel Prize for this one.

George Biner

Los Angeles, CA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2022 7:36 pm    

Thank you to the organizers of this show -- I really appreciate it and it's always a fantastic show full of great people -- and easily the best music per dollar per minute anywhere -- can't wait to dash across the Mojave!

Kevin Quick

Sacramento, Calif
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2022 12:37 pm    

When will performers list be updated?

Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2022 9:19 pm    

The current schedule is up on event page