The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What reverb pedal do you like?
Jon Snyder

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 6:49 pm    

If I want to add reverb to my Fender Rumble 200, what pedal do you like for PSG?

I kinda like the Strymon Flint at $299.

I have considered reverb units but $800-$1000 would put a pretty big dent in the cost of a new amp with reverb already in it.
If I already had a great amp that I was in love with, then a reverb unit would be the answer.

Thanks for any input.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 7:06 pm    

TC Electronic Hall Of Fame. You can also download other reverbs or program your own using their on-line system. There are videos on their website concerning programming your own or downloading from their website.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 7:18 pm    

I love my trusty old EH Holy Grail Nano.
One knob. Eeezy peezy.

Charley Paul

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 8:34 pm    

I have a Flint and love it. The Catalinbread Topanga is also really nice, and has a built in preamp. I’ve heard great things about the Spaceman Orion, which is a real spring tank in pedal format, but have not tried one.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 8:38 pm    

I have an older Zoom G3 that is my favorite.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 9:03 pm    

Like a 6G15 in a pedal.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 2:44 am    

I've been into delay/reverb double pedals lately. I had a Keeley Caverns that was good. But it has now been replaced by a Nux Atlantic that I like a lot. I'm not so interested in how well a verb emulates a classic sound -- I just want it to sound good. The Nux is pleasing to my ears.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 5:29 am    

Neunaber Wet
I like the mono version slightly more than the stereo one

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 5:56 am    

Catlinbread Topanga. Surfy spring reverb goodness in a standard-sized pedal that takes a typical 9VDC negative-center power supply. By far the closest to a real Fender spring reverb in a small pedal, that I've tried, and I've tried a bunch. I have one on my surf guitar board so I don't have to always take my 6G15 to surf guitar gigs.

I also like the EHX Oceans 11. The spring reverb is pretty good (which is my main concern) but the other reverbs are also good sounding to me. One of them has a tremelo added, which saves me from having to add a tremelo pedal to the board. This is actually what's on my pedal steel pedalboard, which I try to keep fairly minimalist.

I've been fairly disappointed with a lot of reverb pedals I've tried. I guess a lot of players are going for something very different than the old Fender reverb sound. But that Fender reverb has always been ground zero for me.

John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 6:16 am    

Neunaber Wet - mono version

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 2:47 pm    

Depends on your budget and your needs.

Lots of good choices, but do you want to spend more than you paid for the rumble ?

Pre delay is a nice feature that can be a difference maker.

Tom Jordan

Wichita, KS
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 3:19 pm    

Jon,

I've been using the EHX Canyon for reverb, echo, tape and others. Pretty lush and controllable reverb, which is what I use most of the time.

I've had others but this one seems to stick around. Only draw back is the tiny labeling if you need to reach down and change a setting in low light...

Tom

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 4:07 pm    

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 7:01 pm    

Another vote for Neunabar Wet mono. Simple, small, sounds good.

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 8:45 pm    

If you're just creating a little ambiance, any one will do. If I was buying my first I'd get a TC HOF mini, set it and forget it, or experiment with the editor. If you're playing several styles of music, covering established parts with different reverb demands, something more adjustable on the fly would be useful,but generally people don't care. If you're recording, for yourself or other people, something adjustable with a few different flavors could be useful. I use a Flint mostly- sounds good, has many adjustable parameters and I like the trem side a lot- for the price you could find a whole good old pv LTD amp with working reverb. Digitech's hardwire rv-7 is great too, catalinbread's talisman nails the plate sound, and the wets are nice and have a distinct sound folks like or don't.

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2021 1:11 am    

I've been using a Gallien Krueger MB200 bass amp for my pedal steel amp lately with an old Boss RV3. I'll set it on Mode 7 for delay and reverb and then just turn the delay time down when all I want is reverb. You can find them used for around $100. I'm sure all of the pedals that have been mentioned would be great. The Catlinbread Topanga sounds really interesting to me, as I love the old Fender spring reverb sound.

John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2021 6:57 am    

Wet reverb is actually $40.00 off right now: https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/wet-reverb-v5
This is the version I now use which to me is very versatile.

Last edited by John Ducsai on 4 Dec 2021 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Karl Paulsen

Chicago
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2021 7:38 am    

My buddy gave me a Fender Marine Layer reverb. It sounds absolutely fabulous with steel and has a ton of useful tones spread across 3 modes and several mods for each. However, if you're looking for the classic fender spring-reverb it doesn't do that.

In your situation, I'd just get a used EHX Holy Grail. It's a good spring reverb sound that you can find for less than $100. Even if you later get better reverb pedals or a steel amp with a reverb tank, it's a great pedal to keep around with your bass amp as a backup rig.

Chicago Valley Railroad. Trainspotting and Bargain Hunting...
https://chicagovalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2021 8:33 am    

I use the Boss-Fender 63 Reverb pedal.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2021 6:37 am    

NUX Atlantic

Joe Burke

Toronto, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2021 9:29 am    

I mainly use a Fender amp and it’s reverb. But I just saw that a reissue Fender Reverb unit has come up. I’m tempted. Does anyone use one with steel? I suppose lap steel specifically.

Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2021 9:51 am    

I bought a Strymon Flint based on information of what some players preferred over other Strymon reverb pedals within the same price range. It has a very lush, full reverb which can be easily controlled without runaway oscillation. For me I just love it and it is my favorite. I have tried it on my Fender Rumble 100 and 200 and it works well with each of them but I am mostly using it with my Steelaire. I have had a few of the other pedals mentioned which are also good in their own way. I purchased a Flint last year while in FL and then purchased another to have back in NY. I just sold my home in Fl and moved back to NY on Nov 19th. I guess one will have to stay in a box in a drawer like a bunch of other things I double upped on, so I could fly back and forth. The Flint is my preference, but I am sure there are other options that would fit the bill.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2021 4:21 am    

Current favorite is the Nux Atlantic

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2021 5:08 am     Source Audio

There are many great suggestions here!

I would like to add the choices offered by Source Audio. I own several of their pedals and really like the sound and design concepts. Their pedals can be as simple or as complex as you need them to be, with multiple routing options, iPhone and computer-based “deep dive” editing capabilities, midi access, and more.

In the reverb category they offer the Ventris and True Spring pedals, as well as a particularly interesting combination reverb and delay pedal called the Collider, which combines the best of the Ventris reverb together with their excellent Nemesis delay (which I happen to love):

https://www.sourceaudio.net/collider_delay_reverb.html

Disclaimer: I like their products so much that I recently became a dealer, so hit me up if anything in their line interests you.

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2021 7:27 am    

That's a really cool pedal, Tommy. Just watched the video you sent the link to. Sounds great! Throw that thing in your pac-a-seat and you're ready to go