The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PV 130 & Lap Steel [Dickerson?] $250
Don Crowl

Medford, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 10:50 pm    

Both of these I've held for a long time as projects for the future & didn't get around repairing.
The steel's volume control is scratchy & cuts out when knob is rotated. It plays fine when it connects. Also when used with a volume pedal it works great & sounds great. Every thing else works great & looks great.
The amp works & looks great & sounds great except for it pops when I turn it on & again when I turn it off. My tech friend [He is no longer with us.] installed a couple chips I got from Mr. Fox. I still have the old chips.
I don't want to ship these or sell separately. Will sell locally or in Sacramento area next week or between Medford & Sacramento.

Joe Kaufman

Lewiston, Idaho
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 10:58 pm    

I wish you were in the opposite corner of Oregon next to me. Look like a fun pair!

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2021 8:42 am     Dickersonish

Heya, Don. Yeah, I think you gots there a Valco/Dickerson/Yournamehere make. Under the pickup cover, do you see no pickup? I've got one just like but badged for a music school on the headstock. It seems that they routed the body, placed pickup in hole, and covered the whole thing in Mother of Toilet Seat at the factory. Mine sounds nifty (had to replace pots & caps as some Neanderthal made a mess of them at some point), and I'm sure this one does as well.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Don Crowl

Medford, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2021 11:27 am    

Thanks for your input gentlemen. With a foot pedal VP both of these items sound great & are very gigable as is. Can dial in any tone I choose. The set up works great at most venues, inside or out. Mike Ihde sure got a great sound out of Bill Leavitt’s Dickerson on Mike’s “A Different Slant” production.”

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2021 9:05 pm    

Don Crowl wrote:
Thanks for your input gentlemen. With a foot pedal VP both of these items sound great & are very gigable as is. Can dial in any tone I choose. The set up works great at most venues, inside or out. Mike Ihde sure got a great sound out of Bill Leavitt’s Dickerson on Mike’s “A Different Slant” production.”

Don,
I have never seen a Peavey amp that didn’t “pop” when you turned it on or off…that’s considered normal.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Don Crowl

Medford, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 6:45 pm     PV 130 & Lap Steel [Dickerson?] $250 update sell separately

I have decided to offer pieces separately. Guitar $75 & amp $175. Will also ship from Medford, OR with shipping costs extra. Not having to ship is my priority.
Presently I'm about 45 minutes east of Sacramento planning to return to Medford tomorrow/Saturday morning. I have both pieces in my car. For buyer convenience could meet on the way or leave equipment at my son's place in Rocklin.
Don. Mobile # 541-621-4863
Can call or text message.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 8:21 pm    

Into the lap. PM sent.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"