The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Estate Sale: Pedal Steel Guitars, Guitars, eqpt and accessor
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2021 7:50 am    

Too bad the guitars weren't listed on the Forum. $1600.00 for the MSA U-12 is a great purchase.I didn't see this auction until today. Sad
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2021 8:40 am    

I hadn't seen a shipping option on the auction site either. Nonetheless, I had a similar experience as Karl. Collin, the auctioneer, called me this morning for payment and shipping instructions.

Nice guy. I'm happy. Picked up a nice effects unit for pennies compared to "retail".

Andrew Wright

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2021 3:19 pm    

Jon Light wrote:
I never resolved my tech issues and I could not bid on the P/P I was watching.
They played games -- kept extending the auction by 3-4 minutes, repeatedly. I had to remind myself that unlike an automated system like Ebay, this was a live auction where the auctioneer gavels the thing whenever he feels like it. If he feels a bid out there, he can keep it live.
So while I was put off at first, it was fair enough......his game, his rules. Brought the price up closer to fair market (after the 10% add-on). Actually, still a good deal. Life does not entitle anyone to a killer, below-market deal.

They did not play games - the auction was online only and the site clearly stated that a new winning bid would extend the close by 5 minutes.

Joe Factor

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 5:46 am    

Dennis, it is my understanding that the MSA "Universal" (originally owned by Maurice Anderson) did not meet reserve, and as a result, did not sell. I will confirm this with Mike's wife, then see if she'd perhaps like to post it for sale here on the SGF. More soon.

Jon Schimek

Lyons, Co - USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2021 7:30 am    

Yea. That universal was cool. Definitely was unique from other standard “the universals”. It didn’t seem to have a wooden neck with silkscreened markers. It looked all 3d fretboard maybe a polished aluminum neck.

Very cool.

Matt Wilson

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 7:22 am    

Just curious if anyone else bought items from this auction. I bought a few things and the smell of cigarette smoke is so powerful I haven't been able to bring the items inside my house.

Anyone else experience this?

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 7:41 am    

Matt, lol, get out the cleaner. I bought a MSA, natural wood finish a few years ago. It was seldom out of the house or in a club, but reeked with smoke. The guitar had a yellow tint to it. The undercarriage terrible. The changer had fuzz balls in it (house dust). Two of the fingers wouldn't move. I had to disassemble the whole guitar and clean it. I left the guitar case open and setting on my back deck for several days. Used Armoral on the outside of it. Looks like a new guitar and case now.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Matt Wilson

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2021 7:55 am    

I hope you got a smokin' deal on it! Shocked

Probably most frustrated about the paper items... obviously much harder to freshen up. Would have been nice to know in advance of bidding.