The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digitech Trio + Looper/drum & bass device
Bob Bender

Left Coast Florida
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2021 4:18 am    

If your Trio ever stops performing certain functions, there is a multi-pin connector inside that can be reseated to bring it back to life.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2022 1:17 pm    

Worked on a home recording today. SPARK amp, MAGNUM D10, TRIO+ looper band creator.

Audio here

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2022 7:18 pm    

I got one earlier this month to use with my blues duo - harmonica and guitar. We had a bass player for a while, but his argumentativeness hit the point where the guitar player was going to quit if I didn't can him (and thus no band at all) so I ditched him. We realized we liked playing with just the two of us (and we could work smaller venues due to size of the band as well as expected compensation) - but timing was sometimes an issue, and some songs were just too sparse without bass and drum. Voila! We now use it on about 1/2 of our repertoire, and I can consider songs that would have been dull with just harp/guitar/vocals, but work fine with the full rhythm section! So I love it!

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2022 9:14 am    

Douglas Schuch wrote:
I got one earlier this month to use with my blues duo - harmonica and guitar. We had a bass player for a while, but his argumentativeness hit the point where the guitar player was going to quit if I didn't can him (and thus no band at all) so I ditched him. We realized we liked playing with just the two of us (and we could work smaller venues due to size of the band as well as expected compensation) - but timing was sometimes an issue, and some songs were just too sparse without bass and drum. Voila! We now use it on about 1/2 of our repertoire, and I can consider songs that would have been dull with just harp/guitar/vocals, but work fine with the full rhythm section! So I love it!

Douglas..Glad to hear you're using one and like it. It allows me to practice with a track vs. just by myself. Plus, make a little instrumental now and then like you just heard.

Once you make a track, where are you storing it for your live gigs? On the Trio+ or somewhere else for convenience?

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 3:24 am    

Ron, we are just getting started into the Trio world, but I downloaded the software and back each track up on my computer. I an then can put in a spare micro SD and put the songs onto it in the order of our set list - makes it a little easier for the guitar player to find each track. I need to go buy a paint pen so I can number the SD Cards.

So far we are not using the looper option in performances - we could, but at some point too much "fakery" just runs the risk of losing the audience. Or, at least, that's my worry!