The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Micro Pro Mach 2 amp
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 7:33 pm    

I have a Quilter Micro Pro Mach 2 combo amp that has an 8 inch speaker. I was using this with an archtop jazz guitar and it sounds very nice. I have a sit in gig and playing steel and guitar and was thinking I may try this amp and use a single 15 inch JBL K130 as the amp has an extension speaker output and I could unplug the internal speaker. Anyone use this amp? It has a bunch of tone options.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 10:19 pm    

The Mach 2 12HD has been my gig amp for something like 3 years and lots of gigs. I did a few gigs with a TT202 but came back to the Mach2. One reason I got it was because of all the options -- the overdrive versatility could potentially eliminate the need for my pedal board, including a good enough tremolo and a reverb (which I actually don't like) but in fact I pretty much just set & forget it and still use my board. I'm at an age where load in & out is an important consideration and a 23 lb amp that sounds 'definitely good enough' easily beats out a 50+ pounder that sounds awesome.
This is 100% a pedal steel rig, btw. Surf voice. Full Q is ok too but not as sparkly.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2021 5:48 am    

Yes, I have the 12 inch Micro Pro and use it for pedal steel and guitar. I use a deep 12 inch extension cabinet and together the pair sounds nice. I use channel 2 for guitar with a Joyo American pedal for shaping.

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2021 6:11 am    

I’ve been using one (same 8” model plus ext cab) with my new Sierra and ZB with great results. It’s now my go to “grab and go” rig. I used the K130 a few times and it’s great but decided to lighten my load with a 12” neo eminence Wheelhouse. I usually use both speakers but a few times used only the 8” when going through a PA. Also everyone seems to like the direct out, including the sound engineers. For steel I turn the master all the way up and use the gain for my volume. I like either “full eq” or “brown “ settings and use the boost option set low around 9 o’clock.

I even used it in the studio with a direct line out and a mic on the speaker.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2021 2:21 pm    

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I disconnected the 8" speaker in the amp and plugged in the Stereo Steel cab with the JBL K-130 4 ohm speaker. I tried the "Surf" voice and dialled in a nice tone quickly. I plugged in my Tele with my pedal board and got an OK vibe. It will be acceptable to play a few tunes.

WOW! New amp day without buying a new amp. Jackpot Very Happy

Charley Paul

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2021 6:22 pm    

I used to have a Micropro Mach II 8 inch combo. Great amp with steel. I really liked the 8 inch speaker, and did quite a few gigs with it. No extension cab needed if there is a PA

D Schubert

Columbia, MO, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2021 9:25 am    

I've used Micropro 200-8 amp and Micropro Mach 2 head, with extension cabinet for pedal and non-pedal steel, good results. Stick to the blackface/65/surf/classic settings for a "traditional" sound.

Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2021 3:43 am    

Love the Micro Pro HD 12 with the HD extension cab.