The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Newman Video
Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 8:58 am    

Would anyone happen to have a copy of Jeff Newman's Pedal Steel Guitar Illustrated? - Video only. This is a 2-hour beginner’s guide. ...Tom (tommybradshaw@gmail.com)

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 9:09 am    

Hi Tom. I have it in VHS format. I haven't played it all the way through recently but I believe it's OK.

You're welcome to it if you can use it. JO.

Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 9:47 am     Reply

PM Sent.

Bernie Watruba

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 9:50 am    

PM sent.

Ake Banksell

Stockholm, Sweden
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 10:38 am    

I have a beginners guide with Jeff I got with my old Carter 15 yrs ago.
I didn’t attach it when I sold the guitar 5 years later.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 4:25 pm    

Just sent an email to you Tom. I did not get a PM from you. JO.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2021 11:45 pm    

Jerry, if you haven't sent the VCR to Tom, you can send it to me. I'll transfer it to DVD, then send it to Tom. He will send it to me anyway, it would just save a little time. Him and I are in the process of collecting everything Jeff, then hopefully we got plans to put them on the Forum, if everything works out. We have really had very good response from all the Steel Guys/Gals on this. Ben Lawson in Florida, sent me and large box, containing a long amount of Jeffs lessons. It really covered a big amount of what we were missing. We really appreciated him his donation.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 7:34 am    

Jim Reynolds wrote:
Jerry, if you haven't sent the VCR to Tom, you can send it to me. I'll transfer it to DVD, then send it to Tom. He will send it to me anyway, it would just save a little time. Him and I are in the process of collecting everything Jeff, then hopefully we got plans to put them on the Forum, if everything works out. We have really had very good response from all the Steel Guys/Gals on this. Ben Lawson in Florida, sent me and large box, containing a long amount of Jeffs lessons. It really covered a big amount of what we were missing. We really appreciated him his donation.

Jim, if you will PM me the mailing address where you want it sent, I'll mail it right out. JO.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 9:18 am    

I think I sent this, but will again.

Jim Reynolds
106 Union Street
Franklin, Pa. 16323
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 10:44 am    

Yeah, I got it in PM. It's already sent.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 7:08 pm    

Tom, I think we're going to have to hire a secretary. We are getting great response.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2021 5:21 pm    

Jerry, I got the VCR, it is in excellent shape. Went to convert it, and my unit is baD. i ORDERED A NEW ONE. I'll get it converted as soon as the new unit gets here. Do you want me to return it? I think you said to keep it. What ever thanks a million Jerry. I had never seen it. It is a welth of information. I already told Tom. Yes, he has spent hundreds of dollars, and hours. I wish we lived closer. I think the world of him. He is funny too.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2021 2:36 pm    

Jerry, I got the other converter in, from E-Bay, It wouldn't finalize the DVD, so had to send it back, and order another. Should be here by this Friday. Did you want the VCR back, or would you like a DVD.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2021 4:35 pm    

You can keep it. I don't need it back. The only thing I need is the track I pm'ed you about.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2021 5:58 pm    

You will have it in a few days, my friend. If there is anything else you may need, Please let me know.

Jim