The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel King Speaker
James Venverloh

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2021 11:37 am    

I recently purchased a Fender Steel King. So easy to set up. I just keep the tone controls between 11:00 and 1:00 o’clock. Tweak the EQ tilt and you’re there.
Now, I seriously need to replace the original Fender/Eminence back breaker. I would like some feedback on a replacement speaker. Your experience and recommendations would be appreciated. [/quote]

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2021 4:18 pm    

I put a PV black widow speaker in my steel king and it ended up sounding just like a Nashville 400 PV amp. The original steel king speaker is the key to the sound of the amp and it’s high end sparkle. Sounds like you like the tone you’re getting and it was easy to dial in. The original steel king speaker though is very heavy.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Black%20Widow/Black%20Widow.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2021 5:03 pm    

Click Here:

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=194759

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2021 3:57 am    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
I put a PV black widow speaker in my steel king and it ended up sounding just like a Nashville 400 PV amp. The original steel king speaker is the key to the sound of the amp and it’s high end sparkle. Sounds like you like the tone you’re getting and it was easy to dial in. The original steel king speaker though is very heavy.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Black%20Widow/Black%20Widow.html

I just got a Steel King a few moths ago. Glad they come with wheels, Greg Winking
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!