The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KSGA October 1st-3rd Route 66 Steel Guitar Show
Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2021 5:24 pm    

Wow so many cancelations, I wonder if they will be invited back?
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Marty Neer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2021 10:55 am     Ksga

Bill, anytime you have a show with numerous players you are going to have cancellations. That's just life as we know it. In speaking with those who have cancelled I feel their health and safety are first and foremost. If we all are fortunate to be around next year they will be invited back.
We have found players to fill the void that are very good at what they play and are extremely lucky to have Randy Beavers coming to the show. I am sure it will be an excellent show as our crew works very hard to make that happen. Good times start Friday morning!

Steve Matlock

Bentonville, AR USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2021 11:53 am    

Have heard about the Baxter Springs show for a long time. This year I'm looking forward to getting to play at the show on Saturday afternoon. I'll be bringing the guys with me from my band as well, the Bobby DeGonia band. See you there!

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 1:51 pm    

I want to chime in and say I had a great time at the show on Friday. Tony Tipton and I rode together and played a set on the show. I met and made some new friends and caught with some other friends. Oh yeah, we heard some really good steel playing that day. The icing on the cake for me was hearing Randy Beavers play his set. Just incredible what Randy got out out of a single 10 E9th guitar. Looking forward to next years show.

Steve Matlock

Bentonville, AR USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 2:15 pm    

A big thank you to Lee Ogle and all of the fine folks at the KSGA club for inviting me and my boys with the Bobby DeGonia Band come play the Baxter Springs Steel Show this year! We had a great time! Enjoyed visiting with some old friends and and meeting some new ones as well. Lots of great talent represented there.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Matlock on 4 Oct 2021 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 4:05 pm     Thanks for the invite

Baxter Springs Steel Guitar Club and Lee, thank you for the invitation to play at your show. Mike and I enjoyed the day. I hated to miss the late Friday, Saturday, and Sunday players I know there was some good music being played. Thanks to the band.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 7:22 pm    

My thanks to Lee Ogle and the staff of the KSGA for having me on their great show again. I cherish the friendships and hospitality at this show. So good to be together, considering what our great country has gone through. My hopes and prayers are that we can continue to gather together and share our steel guitar music. Special thanks to Max, Roy, Larry, and Kevin for playing with me on my set. More talent there than a freight train can haul! So sorry to miss Friday.

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 3:37 am    

A big thank you to Lee Ogle and The Kansas Steel Guitar Association for inviting me to play the show. I had a ball! This was the first time my schedule worked out to allow me to play this show. KSGA is a great club and everything about the show was outstanding including the house band. Thanks to my good friend Rick Eaves for the special invitation. And it was so good to see some old friends.

Joel Day

Arkansas City Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 7:58 pm     Thanks to Lee and Marty and everyone

I was totally taken by surprise and what an honor amongst so many awesome players and legends like Roy Rosetta, to be inducted into your Kansas Hall of Fame. I’m truly humbled by the support and faith everyone has in me.
I looked at the line up and wish I could of made some of the other performances but due to Saturday night playing up the road at Pittsburg we were just unable to make any time frame work out logically to come watch. We’ll definitely try to make it the whole weekend next year. Thanks again to everyone involved with this great event!!
Jackson Dobro
Fender Stringmaster deluxe 8 string single neck-1967
72 Fender tele
Milkman 300 1/2 & 1/2
Eminence Speakers
BJS

Rhonda Lindsay

Jefferson City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 5:09 am    

Let me chime in and say what a wonderful time I had. This was my first time at this show and I always heard how great it was and that was no lie! I could sit and listen to steel guitars all day … well I guess I did that. Two and a half days worth. It’s always so nice to see friends that you may only see once every now and then but getting to meet new folks is one of the highlights for me. Thanks so much Lee for putting this altogether and a big thanks also to the ladies who worked their tails off in the kitchen all weekend. In case anyone is interested, I’ve been posting some videos on my Facebook page — Rhonda Rose Lindsay. Unfortunately my phone konked out so I didn’t get as many as I usually do. Anyway, hope you enjoy them. Until next time …

Marty Neer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 1:38 pm     Ksga

Well another year is in the past and we begin to already look to next year. Thanks to Monty Coble and the Whiskey River Band for helping put a well deserving player Joel Day into our HOF. Our attendance was down but our donations were exceptional so thanks to all who made that happen. We had several first time players, Joel, Steve Matlock, and what can you say bout Randy Beavers. Thanks Randy it was good to catch up on old times. We try hard to create good times and good memories at our show and it takes a lot of help to do that!

Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 2:39 pm    

Oh boy! What a great time Shirley and I had. Thanks to Lee for the invitation to play. This was my second time to play the show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We couldn't stay the whole weekend but were there several hours both Friday and Saturday. I enjoyed visiting with all my friends, old and new. Can't wait 'till next year.

Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2021 8:22 am    

A big thank you from the KSGA for all who attended. The musicians were top notch and the back up band was exceptional. We don't know what next year has in store for us but God willing we will do it again next year. All the steel players that played this year are expected to play again next year.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2021 1:49 pm    

Jean and I had a wonderful time and was happy to see so many great players, old friends and make a few new ones. Joe Nailer did a great job as MC and the band was fantastic. We enjoyed the food and fellowship of all the members and guests. We hope this show will continue and plan our support to help.

Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 2:22 pm     THANKS KSGA for another memorable show for 2021

What is it Minnie used to say. "I'm just so glad to be here"! Well, that has a whole new meaning for me now.
Thanks KSGA and a special THANKS to the band and Ladies in the Kitchen. You all had just an awesome show this year.
Again, THANKS!