The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar L.P. Record Collection
Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2021 4:34 pm    

After 50 years of collecting Steel Guitar L.P. Albums and down sizing, I am going to sell my Steel Guitar L.P. Collection. I have some where's near 125 L.P.s all are in playable condition. Some are new and never been played others played only a few times. Many of these are rare and out of print. Making many of them impossible to locate or purchase. I'm will to meet somewhere in a reasonable distance. Or ship them if the buyer pays insurance and shipping. I'll sell the entire collection for $500 plus the shipping and insurance. Or I'll meet some where in reasonable distance. I will try to list some of the Albums next.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2021 4:52 pm    

Here are some more of the collection.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2021 5:23 pm    

Here are several of the Album Titles:

Maurice Anderson - Universal Direction, Moods of Maurice Anderson Volume One and Two.

Bobby Black - California Freedom, Honky Cat

Jerry Byrd - Burning Sands, Pearly Shells and Steel Guitars, Hi-Fi Guitar, Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, Blue Hawaiian Steel Guitar, Steel Guitar Favorites, The Man of Steel, Admirable Byrd,Steel Guitar Favorites, Sat Strings of Steel, Byrd in Hawaii, Country Steel Guitar Hits.

Curly Chalker - Nashville Sundown, Sounds Wonderful - 4 Giants of Swing, More Ways To Play

Pete Drake - The Greatest Steel Guitar In The World, The Hits I Played On, Talking Steel & Singing Strings, Forever

Jimmy Crawford - Ton of Steel, Steel Crazy, Chicken Pickin' Good with RFuss Hicks

John Hughey - On and Off Stage

Herby Wallace - The Chattanooga Choo Choo, Taking a Break

Buddy Emmons - One For The Road, Minors Aloud, In The Mood For Swinging, Buddy Emmons Live sat The International Steel Convention Vol 1 and Volume 2, Buddy Emmons Steel Guitar, Christmas Sounds

Doug Jernigan - Country Jazz Steel, Sky High Steel,Doug and Bucky, Doug Jernigan Roadside Rag, Gospel Steel Guitar, Cross Country

Lloyd Green - The Hit Sounds, Lloyd's of Nashville, The Big Steel Guitar, Ten Shades of Green, Shades of Steel Guitar, Feelings, Cool Steel Man, Day For Decision, Celestial Sounds of Steel Guitar, Mr Nashville Sound

Julian Tharpe - Southern Friend, The Jet age, Deep Feelings, Zane Beck and Julian Tharpe 12 +14 = Country Jazz

Buddy Charleton - Almost To Tulsa

Speedy West - Steel Guitar, Speedy by Speedy West, Steel Guitar Spectacular, Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant Two Country Guitars

Paul Franklin - Just Pickin'

Zane Bexck - Tribute To Zane Beck, Zane Beck Meets Bobby Caldwell, Zane Beck Plays The New ZB Student Model Steel

Bill Stafford - Some of My Favorites

Zane King - Hooked On Steelin'

Herb Remington - Pure Remington Steel, Winner & Steel Champ, Remington Road

DeWitt Scott - Keepin' It Country

Santo And Johnny - On The Road Again

Hal Rugg - Altered Ego

Noel Boggs - The Magic Steel Guitar, Noel Boggs Trio Hollywood and Vine

Red Rhodes - Velvet Hammer, Country Hits Once A Day

Roy Wiggins - Memory Time, Twin Steel Guitars With Kayton Roberts

Buddy Merrill - Steel Guitar Country

Steel Guitars of The Grand Ole Opry - featuring Hal Rugg, Weldon Myrick and Sonny Burnette

Jeff Newman - Music To Back Up By, Steelin' Feeling, Slide and Smoke with Mike Auldridge

Pacific Steel Company - featuring Tom Brumley, Red Rhodes, Sneaky Pete, Al Perkins, Jay Dee Maness

Sho-Bud - Neil Flanz Special Instructions Album playing E9th

And several other Steel Guitar Albums.

Interested call leave your number, voice mail and text my cell phone 417-241-9455

Thanks Steel Friends!

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2021 5:24 pm    

P.S.

Postal Money Order accepted or cash! No trades, Price is firm and that's about it. I don't do PayPal

One more thing, I really would like the Steel Record Collection to stay together. It's a lifetime of collecting and a library of knowledge.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2021 6:33 am    

I would be willing to break up this collection if buyers are interested.

I have a lot of albums that can't be bought or found any place.

The entire collection of albums that I am offering to sell is worth much more than $500. That figures about $4 per album.

Interested call or text me at 417-241-9455

Thanks!

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2021 2:35 pm    

Got a lot of Steel Guitar Albums for sale here. Sell small group sets if certain Steel Guitarists y'all might be looking for. Contact me by voice mail or texting at 427-241-9455.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2021 3:07 am    

bOb,

Please close this! No one interested in this Great Collection.

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2021 9:02 pm     lps for sale

Oh Well
Join the crowd, Terry. No one is interested in LPs or even CDs. I have a couple thousand LPs and CDs from the 1950s to the present and they don't sell. Any type of music anyone might want. Offer them for a quarter of fifty cents and you might sell some,-maybe. Good Luck.
My wife will end up burning them when I'm dead.[img]

[/img]

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2021 2:55 am    

Wally,

Your right on regarding the records. It surprised me since Albums are coming back in again too. There are very few Steel Guitar CDs available.

I won't sell them cheap either! Like you I will just keep them and possibly use them for Frisbees! LOL

I might even buy a new turn table and play them for my own enjoyment. That's what I bought them for anyhow. I learned more from these records than any other way. Most of these, probably 80% are unavailable anywhere else.

Daniel Dickie

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2021 5:07 am    

Hi Terry
Pity I live on the other side of the world from you otherwise I'd get them all.
I don't understand why these haven't gone.
I personally love vinyl and CDs.
The cost of shipping is prohibitive at the moment.
Probably cost thousands to send to Australia

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2021 6:49 pm     LPs & CDs

100% correct, Terry.
I sold my turntable a couple years ago but then I just bought a cheap one a few months ago so I can enjoy all my good LPs. I have all types of music but mostly Hawaiian, South Seas, Big Bands, C&W, etc etc. I am enjoying it all again. Some haven't been played for years.
I have sold a few and have shipped them by Media Mail which is quite reasonable

Terry,-did you read the post on Mike Scott's huge collection that was sent to the Hawaii State Archives by a container ship? Check it out on the SGF a month or so ago.

Very Happy Oh Well

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2021 3:24 pm     Interested

PM sent

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"