The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SGF place to relearn/practice postings & replies?
Denny Turner

Oahu, Hawaii USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 2:49 am    

I have been absent from the SGF forum for quite awhile due to my and Family members illnesses. I have some residual cognitive impairment that has left swiss-cheese holes in my memory, but those holes fill themselves back in when I work on something I previously knew well, ...a matter of re-establishing neuron connections with pre-existing memories. Point being is that I make mistakes in relearning processes.

There used to be a practice / testing section on the forum main menu where a FoBro could learn and practice writing, editing, experimenting and deleting our postings and replies; But that practice / testing section no longer exists, unless it's now tucked away in some other section. I'd rather not chance my brain farts and finger farts messing up someone's posting mssg chain or my reply and forget how to fix it or make it innocuous in a reasonable amount of time. I also notice there's no longer an SGF Jokes / Humor section ...otherwise I'd go there as my re-learning should fit right in !

So..... QUESTION: Is there a section for such practice / testing that won't distract from other FoBros good work?

Thank You and Very Best Wishes,
Denny Turner

Rolling Eyes

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 3:57 am    

Sorry for your troubles, man.
I do remember that there was a section for testing. It may have been one & the same as the current Forum Feedback section...."Feedback & Testing" or something?
I'd suggest using Feedback for this purpose. And you can delete the post -- clean-disappear it -- when you're done, as long as nobody posts a comment on it.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 7:30 am    

I have used the Forum Feedback section for testing as Jon suggests. I've been here more than 20 years, and don't remember a separate testing section, but again, sometimes I don't remember my own name. 😜

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 9:43 am    

Danny,

I'm sorry about your brain fog. I hope your recovery goes well.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Denny Turner

Oahu, Hawaii USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2021 1:10 am     Thank You

Thank You for your kind and useful replies, Gentlemen.

Your referencing the Feedback section did the trick. I hadn't opened & reviewed the Feedback section; I presumed it was a feature to get problems and suggestions to bOb. But when I took a look after your suggestions to use it, it looks like my stumbling around would fit right in with a number of other postings there ...in the many good 'ol SGF styles.

When I posted this message thread I also didn't mean to insenuate "poor ol' me ...with student violins in the background". I've been wonderfully blessed most of my life, ...although God lets me step on my sausage when I insist ...even shred it to pieces ...the far too many times I've insisted; School of Hard Knocks. But I'm in my mid 70s now and been on the normal mental and physical decline over the past 8 years or so, ...yet pretty darn healthy for my age according to my string of doctors. I "fought" and beat cancer 2017-2019, then hunkered down for the corona beer pandemonium in early 2020, yet still caught covid in May of 2021 (very mild case about like mild flu for 5 days ...probably brought home by either 1 of 2 sons that are addicted to bull butter on social media Shocked ), ...but being 74 the covid gained enough ground to mildly damage a lot of tissues throughout my body which is what causes the Long Hauler state I'll be recovering from for about a year. So it's just a matter of patience and discipline on all fronts, and care not to "poop" on someone else's apple cart (god knows there's an abundance of all sorts of apple carts nowadays).

In any event, Thank You again for good and right-on advice. I guess I'd better run and get started relearning (practicing / remembering) how to use the SGF BB reasonably well.

Very Best Wishes,

Please help support humanity:
http://www.redcross.org/en/aboutus