The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sierra Steel Guitars
Sheila Bommakanti

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2021 5:03 pm    

A dream steel it is! Sounds as beautiful as it looks, and feels amazing. Thank you, Ross! I am set for life. 😎

Jim Eibner

West Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 6:35 am    

Just played my first gig with my brand new Sierra S10. Aside from it being totally gorgeous and playing butter smooth, the sound was incredible. Everyone in the band commented on the improvement in tone and presence (even the drummer). Thanks Ross, for this fine instrument. The service and help you have provided are first class. Thanks again.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 6:49 am    

Hey Jim!

Congratulations on your new RS Sierra! See if the sound of your new axe continues to improve over time... it's not uncommon for the RS Sierras! Smile

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 7:56 am    

Jim Eibner wrote:
Just played my first gig with my brand new Sierra S10. Aside from it being totally gorgeous and playing butter smooth, the sound was incredible. Everyone in the band commented on the improvement in tone and presence (even the drummer). Thanks Ross, for this fine instrument. The service and help you have provided are first class. Thanks again.

My heart soars, you're so welcome Jim! So glad your gig went well and that you're enjoying the new guitar.

Dan, thanks for opening your home to Jim so he could check a new Sierra out before making the jump. You definitely set the hook!

SIERRA STEEL GUITARS, OUT STANDING IN THEIR FIELD!
!

Last edited by Ross Shafer on 23 Sep 2021 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 7:58 am    

Smile !

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2022 3:01 pm    

Check out the "Steel Players" section for some pretty dang exciting news!!

memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2022 3:27 pm    

Ross Shafer wrote:
Check out the "Steel Players" section for some pretty dang exciting news!!

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=383761

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2022 9:46 am     Sierra Steel Guitars price change

I've been putting this off for over a year, but after my last few big material purchases its clearly time. As you all probably know, raw materials, shipping and nearly everything else has gone up considerably since I started offering these special instruments to the public and its time I must raise the price on Sierra Pedal Steels.

Prices will be going up 20% across the board on Jan 1, 2023. Lead time is currently about 1 year.

Huge thanks to all who have taken the leap of faith to buy one of our guitars. I hope they continue to serve you well and inspire you to sit and play even more.

Last edited by Ross Shafer on 24 Dec 2022 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2022 3:38 pm    

Ross, the Sierra Steel guitar you built for me has done exactly that... inspired me to play more and more. I can't begin to say how much of a wildly positive contribution your instrument has made to my playing and to my life.

If I may, here is my unsolicited testimony

I purchased my Sierra in 2017. I have played it virtually every day, sometimes for hours each day. It has stood the test of time. I have watched closely for any wear or any signs of degradation of the mechanics, pull train, whatever... I have seen no notable wear or degradation. It plays better than the day I picked it up. The sound is great and the sustain goes on and on.

The design and all that went into it has to be seen and experienced for one to really appreciate it. The build quality of Ross' Sierra is truly in a class by itself.

As time goes on, I believe that Ross' Sierra will be recognized and the best pedal steel guitar ever made.

IHMO, Ross' Sierra is worth every penny.

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 7:31 am     Love letter to my wonderful customers

Dan my dear friend, you are too kind!

I turned 67 a couple months back. I've been working for 57 years (started with a paper route at age 10) and self-employed for the better part of 46 years now. I'm a driven, curious....ok obsessed....workaholic, hermit.

I've been supremely lucky to have succesfully turned my avocations into vocations. I love making things and will be doing so until my hands or brain quit on me. Other than playing hooky for non-makeaholic fun from time to time, I pretty much work 7 days a week....because I love what I do.

That said, thoughts of taking more time off and the R word (retirement!) are cropping up more and more as I grow up (damnit, I don't wanna grow up!).

Comments like Dan's above, which he has shared with me a few times as well as many similar thoughts shared from other customers are a huge inspiration that I aspire to deserve.

Just like the bicycles and bicycle products I used to design and make...the joy of making things that customers tell me enhance their personal passions, hobbies and even professions is immense....really helps keep me going and inspires me to grow and improve on what I do everyday.

Thank you to Dan, my other steel customers and the many thousands of cyclists who've enjoyed the products I've made and told me so.

I'm so lucky to have found my make-a-holic passion when I was young and have my customer's loyalty and feedback to thank for this discovery that has guided my life.

Muchas Gracias!!!!

Now go play yer steels!

memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 7:43 am    

Ross can't make these superlative instruments forever. If you want a Shafer designed and built guitar you better get moving. Not only will they never cost less, especially the next 3, they will never be as good once this maestro moves on to his next project. Ask the person who owns one!

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 10:24 am    

I'm sold! Got mine ordered!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2022 11:48 am    

I used my Sierra at a gig for the first time last week. I was so uptight about using this beautiful instrument in a live situation but it's too nice to hide it from the world. Plays like a dream and sounded sweet. Lots of compliments from band mates and the audience. I broke the ice and will use the Sierra from now on.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2022 3:24 pm    

Ross,,check your email.

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2022 9:45 am    

Got it, invoice sent. Thanks for your order Sonny, welcome aboard!

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2022 10:20 am    

Quote:
I used my Sierra at a gig for the first time last week. I was so uptight about using this beautiful instrument in a live situation but it's too nice to hide it from the world. Plays like a dream and sounded sweet. Lots of compliments from band mates and the audience. I broke the ice and will use the Sierra from now on.

I got mine in late 2018 and have been playing it hard since, over 100 gigs and sessions on it. I've had beer splashed on it, it has a few dings in the wood (not from my bar) and the case is starting to get chewed up in the usual places.....but the guitar is sounding and playing great and stays in tune. There haven't been any mechanical issues with it...maybe one loose screw or bolt....easy fix! Such a great workhorse!!

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2022 2:20 am    

I couldn't be happier with my 2022...Great Job Ross!!! And memphislim

Jim Norman

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2022 2:29 pm    

Ross, it was great talking with you this afternoon. I've sent you an e-mail. I look forward to talking steels in the new year.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2022 10:30 am    

Ross -- I have a list of some 5-6 questions and I want to take as little of your time as possible. Can you tell me the best/preferred way that we can do this? I'm happy to do it in an email (where I can best compose my thoughts).

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2022 8:03 am    

Thanks for your inquiry and for your consideration of my time John. Check your email for my reply.

Big thanks to all my customers who are speaking up with such positivity about the guitars I built for them!

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2022 9:42 am    

Many thanks Ross. I'm putting together an email for you to get at at your convenience.

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2022 10:50 am    

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow forumites.

Thank you Bobby for the huge gift you've provided for so many years to this community....it'd be hard to call it a community without your efforts and dedication!

Thanks to all my customers, I hope your Sierras help provide endless hours of joyful music!

Best of luck to all and big hopes for a better world in the new year!

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2023 4:01 pm    

Big thanks to Larry Thomas for his support and appreciation of Sierra Steel Guitars. Here he is with his 2nd "new era" Sierra steel.

Larry has deep roots in the music instrument manufacturing, distribution and retail industries. At one time or another he has owned, played or at least put his paws on some of the finest stringed instruments from the best makers in the world.

Thanks Larry, it's an honor to build you something you enjoy so much!

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2023 4:13 pm    

Congratulations, Larry!

That is a beautiful New Era Sierra 12 string you have there. Any chance of some close-up shots of that beautiful wood grain?

Nice hat! Smile

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2023 5:31 pm    

Fantastic, Larry! I've already gasped at that wood, over on Instagram. What wood is that?!