The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Shout out to Johnie King
David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2021 3:32 pm    

I bought Johnie's Lone Star pedal steel, and it arrived today--a day early even via Fed Ex. He had built a custom case for it to replace the gig bag he got it with (really nice case too) and didn't charge me for it. The packing job he did is second to no one's. Absolutely great. And he was a great guy to deal with from start to finish.

The guitar is amazing too. Very very small and light--the small is going to take some getting used to, but it plays great. And it does have the Emmons push-pull sound, but really plays better.

Anyway, thanks to Johnie. Top notch guy to deal with.

Dave

Pat Moore

Virginia USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2021 3:35 pm     Johnie

Johnie is a top notch honest guy!
A-1 in my book!
Pat

Last edited by Pat Moore on 19 Sep 2021 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Wayne Baker

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2021 10:24 pm     Mullen

I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to get assistance from him in the last week a couple of times.

Wayne Baker
Show Pro D10 (#217) w9&7, Emmons D10 (#6613) w8&5, Nashville 1000, Nashville 400, Beard E model reso, Dobro and a Martin D41...

Gary Patterson

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2021 7:34 am    

He's a great guy. I only had one encounter with him, but he invited me to his home, introduced me to his wife and son, showed me around his shop. He might have even offered me a piece of pie. Bought some MSA parts and a maple cabinet he had started to make.

Christopher Peck

Seattle
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2021 8:25 pm    

+1

I received a BMI S10 from Johnie today myself. The UPS driver tried her best to beat it up; I watched her drop the box twice on the way to the front door. Good thing Johnie packed it so well inside the case. Nice styrofoam blocks cut to fit so nothing could move at all inside the case. I unpacked it and set it up and gave it a test drive. Would you believe it was still in tune?

Two thumbs up for Johnie King, easy to deal with, good communication, great packing, and he went the extra mile to keep me up to speed with what the status of everything was.
I'd buy again from him without reservation.