The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons S-10
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2021 1:19 pm    

To all who are interested in the Emmons S-10 with 6 pedals and no knee levers:::: I went to West Virginia and took some photos of this steel with my tablet. My plan was to send them to anyone interested, as long as I had their email address. Quite a few people sent me their email address. My problem now is, every time I try to send the photos, a thing pops up on my screen, saying something about an app called Quick Share. I can not find a way around it. Not only that, anyone I'm sending the photos to, has to have their Quick Share app turned on. My tablet never did this before. What the Hell can I do now? The serial number on the steel is 1109 S It is a mat finish rosewood fat back. Thanks, Tommy.....

Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2021 1:35 pm    

Tommy,
Based on it being quick share, I assume this is a Samsung tablet?

My guess is that it is attempting to be the default way to share pictures and you will probably need to disable quick share and then just attach the photos to email once it has been turned off.

If you pull down from the top of the tablet and expand the panel, if you swipe right (or possibly left) and find the Quick Share icon. If it is blue, it is on, touch it and it should turn to grey. Once grey, it is off. I would then login to your email and attempt to email the photos by attaching them to the email.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2021 2:02 pm     Emmons S-10

Andy: Yes, that did help. At least I turned it off. Next I'm going to get rid of it, because it's easier to send photos by first going to the photo, and hit share. And yes, it is a Samsung galaxy tab A It never used to do that. It must have up-dated it self while it was turned off. Thanks, Tommy.....

Mark Durante

St. Pete Beach FL
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2021 4:56 am    

Yeah these "free" apps are a pain. I told a cashier recently that "I don't do apps" and they looked at me like I was nuts. (no wise cracks now)!

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2021 6:29 am    

Tommy is this steel still available?