The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Lap King Rodeo in mint condition. Sold
Cliff Swanson

Raleigh, NC
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2021 5:21 pm    

Price reduced
I am the original and only owner of this fine lap steel. The guitar was new to me in July 2021 and kept in my nonsmoking home studio since the day it was unboxed. It is a beautiful instrument both sonically and aesthetically but despite my efforts I have not bonded with this guitar and I have begun realizing that I'm just not reaching for it. I would much prefer that it be in the home and hands of someone who will play it rather than it be unplayed here. The usual wait time for one of these guitars is about 4+ months. Thus, this is an opportunity to own a mint condition, essentially new, Lap King at a reduced price, with the wait determined only by the transit time between NC and your location. Shipping to CONUS only please.

The scale length is 25" and the guitar is fitted with two custom Lollar humbucking pickups. The string spacing is 1 7/8" and 2 1/4" at the nut and bridge respectively, and the tuners are Schallers. The guitar is presently tuned to GBDGBD and has been played in CFCFAC with the same string set. It will be well packed and shipped in a new Gator mini guitar gig bag that I bought specifically for this guitar. The builder, Jason Dumont, sent the instrument to me in a refurbished hard case not specifically made for the Lap King because he was not able to source a hard case from his usual supplier at the time my guitar was ready to be sent. I sent the case back to Jason when I inquired and realized he might be in need of it for shipping instrument orders to other buyers, and I bought the gig bag. The guitar has never left my house.

See http://www.lapking.com/rodeo.html for a complete description on Jason Dumont's Lap King website.

Listen to Cindy Cashdollar playing an identical Lap King here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q46Qu9DpzTs.

Last edited by Cliff Swanson on 21 Sep 2021 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

Cliff Swanson

Raleigh, NC
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2021 12:36 pm    

ttt

Cliff Swanson

Raleigh, NC
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2021 4:40 pm    

Price reduced ttt

Chris Willingham

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2021 1:24 pm    

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. These are killer lap steels, Jason's work is top notch. If I didn't already have one, I'd jump on this.

2021 MSA Legend XL Signature S10 5X6 brown burst
Beard Josh Swift Sig, the purple one
Lap King Rodeo
p2p Bad Dawg 1x12, Quilter TT12 and a bunch of fiddles

Cliff Swanson

Raleigh, NC
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2021 2:01 pm    

Chris Willingham wrote:
I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. These are killer lap steels, Jason's work is top notch. If I didn't already have one, I'd jump on this.

Thanks for your support Chris! In fact the guitar sold just today to a non-SGF member.

Cliff Swanson

Raleigh, NC
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2021 2:03 pm    

This lap steel has sold to a non-member of the SGF. Please close the ad.
[/b]