The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Let's hear it for Baggs and Beard Customer Service!
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2021 11:01 am    

Not sure where this sort of post really belongs, but since all had to do with my resonator, I'll put it here.

Trying to get my reso amplified gear all straightened out. I picked up a Beard Decophonic 27 squareneck at the end of 2020, factory installed Fishman pickup. Immediately grabbed a JD Aura pedal. Although I will often play it through my loudbox, I wanted a DI/Preamp for situations where going straight to the board was necessary. Tried the Tonedeq, but realized I wanted a mute button way more than the effects, so I sold it and grabbed a used Baggs Venue DI. Tried it out at home: XLR out was not working properly. I contacted Baggs support who replied immediately and said, even though I had purchased it used, since it was in all the original packaging they would treat it as a free, under warranty repair. Shipped it off today. That's extremely generous service!

While trying out some other configurations (gig this Saturday), I started to notice a weird sitar-ish sound on my 1st string of the Deco 27. Changed the string: no help. Contacted Beard support today, and within minutes got an email asking me to call. Spoke to a salesperson over the phone who spent about twenty minutes with me doing a thorough trouble-shoot of possible issues. In the end he gave me very exact instructions for re-seating the cone. Fixed the issue.

Very grateful for this kind of service!

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2021 7:36 pm    

The folks there are the greatest. I’ve been playing Beard resophonics for 25 years, going back to when Paul did it all himself.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.