The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Tone Block 202
Jeff Buesing

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2021 5:45 am    

Hello friends. In an effort to reduce weight even further, I was thinking about getting a Quilter Tone Block 202, mounting it to my pedal board, and then getting a TT 15 in a cabinet. Opinions?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2021 5:51 am    

I have the Travis Toy 12 combo. The TB202 is a great amp but big for a pedal board. The Quilter speaker cabinet has mounting for the TB202, either to carry or just use it mounted. When I first got the TT12 I was taking the amp out of the speaker mounting. That lasted one gig, since then I leave it in the speaker mounting.

For me, the amp has been a "set and forget". I haven't changed any settings.

The TT12 was my downsizing, from a Nashville 112. The total weight of the amp and speaker (and cabinet) is 27 lbs. I used to have a Quilter Steelaire and an EPS-15C speaker. I play a lot of C6th and haven't lost anything with the 12" speaker.

Ollin Landers

Willow Springs, NC
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2021 6:30 am    

I just purchased a TB202 and use a 15" Telonics in a lightweight Tommy Huff cab. I agree it's probably too big for a pedal board. I place my cab in front of me next to a monitor facing me. So I need the amp near me for adjustment on a few songs during the show. I'm still determining where to place it. I'm considering using brackets to hang off my seat like some users do with a MB 200.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields