The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeffran College Courses
Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2021 12:10 pm    

I know there has been a lot of discussion about service from Jeffran College online from the new owner/operator following Fran's death.

I thought it would be good to add something positive to give credit when due. I ordered 2 courses using the 50% off code on 3/10/21, The order shipped on 3/11/21. I received the order on Monday, 3/15/21. The order is correct, and everything is in nice condition. No problems whatsoever.

Yes, I know all about the problems in the past and issues others have had. I didn't have any of those problems, so I thought it fair to mention it.

(Moderator - I wasn't sure if this is the right place for this - Move as needed, please.)

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2021 5:54 pm    

You should run out and buy a lottery ticket.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2021 9:00 am     Jeffran

David, Yes, I have had many times everything goes great. Then there are times, it doesn't. She seems to be a very sweet person, and is really trying, I totally believe she is. I have received orders, that were missing half the pages, of a course. Just by chance, it was a replacement for one, that was in bad shape. I managed to salvage pages from it to make it complete. I really wish, somehow, she could get the help she needs, to furnish the steel community with the service, they have been used to.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2021 9:01 am    

Soory wrong name. He was on my mind, Ken
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2021 11:55 am    

No problem Jim.

This was the first time I've ordered in several years.I talked with Fran to do the last one I got. Maybe she is learning the ropes better these days. There are many choices for PSG instruction these days, but I still like the Newman materials. After having met Jeff and Fran, and attending their seminars, I'm kind of partial to them. The current Jeffran prices, with discounts from the emails, are excellent. Once I digest what I have, I'll buy more. I hope their business contines to improve.

Paul Hubbard

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2021 7:35 am     Jeffran Is Now Jeffraud

Melissa Greer has sadly turned The Jeffran Shop into Jeffraud Shop. She has sent me the wrong books, lied to me about sending courses and lied to me about refunding my money(along w/ may others). I would suggest no one does any business with Jeffran's Shop. I am a huge fan of Jeffran Courses and if anyone has any extra, I would love to purchase them, but will can't allow Melissa Greer and Jeffran to take advantage of me anymore.

Gary Spaeth

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2021 3:14 am    

i wish the forum store would take over the sales for her.

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2021 6:39 am    

Great idea Gary. Or some "entrepreneurial" leaning person might offer to buy her out!

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2021 11:03 am    

If I can help you guy, I will try and do what I can.