The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Telonics Question
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 12:19 pm    

Does Telonics have dealers or is it just factory direct purchases ? I've emailed them twice with no response but I'm interested in purchasing and volume pedal but I can't seem to communicate with them.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 12:34 pm    

I have had nothing but the promptest of responses dealing with Sophie here:

sophie "at" telonics.com

(I am in no way questioning your experiences).

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 12:36 pm    

I'll r try that. I used the address on their website, info (at) Telonics dot com.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 12:42 pm    

I just dealt with Dave Beaty and Sophie last week. Same or next day responses.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 12:49 pm     Re: Telonics Question

James Sission wrote:
Does Telonics have dealers or is it just factory direct purchases ? I've emailed them twice with no response but I'm interested in purchasing and volume pedal but I can't seem to communicate with them.

Tom Bradshaw
http://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/telonics_pedals.php

And here too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CZntHV606sybVaUie1790xqbtac0g3TBvIuVXXess5Y/edit#gid=0

Scroll to the bottom of the page

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 1:19 pm    

Thanks Gary. I emailed Tom. I've done business with him before. I can't get that document to open, it wants me to go to the app store and download an app. I'll just wait for Tom to respond.

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2021 7:15 am    

Jon, thank you for your helpful suggestion. Using the email you provided I was able to get a response from her. The pedals are not available right now due to a shortage of parts needed to build them.

Edward Dixon

Crestview Florida
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2021 7:38 am    

Sophie put me on the waiting list 2 months ago for the same reason. Anybody know what kind of parts they are waiting on?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2021 9:33 am    

Probably IC Chips. There is a worldwide chip shortage affecting many industries. Cars are one, and apparently the Telonics Volume Pedal is another.

Bill Ferguson (forum member) is also a Telonics dealer.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2021 9:46 am    

Here is a copy of the email that I received from Dave:

Hi Gary,

Great to hear from you!

We are doing OK, just hunkering down and keeping our distance like everyone else until we can get a handle on this dastardly virus.

Congratulations on getting a pedal and the USB cable!

The good news is, I'll forward this email to Sophie and she will contact you Monday to line it up.

The bad news is that we are completely out of those wonderful precision machined housings for the pedals due to Covid and that's holding up shipment of pedals. We have all the other parts necessary in-house and we have the "insides" of the pedals, we just need the strong upper and lower housings. They are precision machined from billet stock and we have only found one facility who can meet our stringent specifications for them. The demand for the FP-100 pedals has really jumped up in the last 6-8 weeks and it wiped out our remaining stock of housings.

We are currently building a list of orders and will ship against that list as soon as we receive finished (anodized and engraved) housings. We are unable to give precise shipping dates at this time because we don't have precise dates for receipt of these parts - but it looks like it will be weeks out.

When you have a minute, can you please reply with a good phone number and time of day so we can reach you Monday?

Thanks a lot Gary, stay well, hope to speak with you Monday.

Take care,

Dave

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2021 1:23 pm    

They are lucky that they have the chips, given the shortage in many industries.

My ex son-in-law has been (may still be) on furlough from the Ford F-150 assembly plant in Kansas City Mo (Claycomo plant), due to chip shortage.