The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Three new Thumb Picks now in Production!
Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2021 1:14 pm    

We now have our thumb picks in production! It’s taken several months to engrave the dies and develop the tooling to produce these sterling silver thumb picks on our presses and rolling mills. Designed to compliment our popular "Shield" design, these can be personalized with a short name or monogram. The dies have been in development for months and we've just now completed the adaptors that will allow us to mount them in our hydraulic press. The demand has been high for these sterling silver thumb picks which I've been making and engraving by hand totally from scratch each time. So now we'll be able to offer these new die struck picks for almost half the cost of my one-offs (which are still available)
https://www.landisstudios.net/product-page/thumb-picks

The coiled design of the new Accu-Pick is a 'one size fits all' and can be twisted tighter for smaller thumb sizes or opened up for larger sizes. The unique wrap-around feature totally eliminates the possibility of hooking strings and stays tight. Patent Pending gripper teeth along with the tightening action of the coil design keeps them really secure despite their delicate appearance. The sterling silver blades can be reeled in or out when fitting to any desired length. Thick silver blades will hold up well and delivers a warm tone and very solid feel.

For banjo and steel guitar, these have now become my 'go-to' thumb pick. Whichever style you try, these are both great picks for steel guitar.

Check our full line of silver fingerpicks and art medals
www.landisstudios.net

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2021 4:33 pm    

They are gorgeous, Ron.

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2021 7:32 am    

Fine picks...stay on and good tone...

Last edited by Carl Williams on 5 Jun 2021 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 May 2021 11:19 am    

**Double Post***

Last edited by Carl Williams on 5 Jun 2021 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Edward Dixon

Crestview Florida
Post  Posted 30 May 2021 4:26 am    

Ron,
I received my picks 2 days earlier than expected and I like everything about them, especially the tone. I never thought I would invest in silver but I'm glad I did.

Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2021 2:21 am    

Any reason that you don't ship to the UK? I don't think anything has changes since the last 2 sets of finger picks you shippeed to me with no problems?

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2021 6:36 am    

Jeff Mead wrote:
Any reason that you don't ship to the UK? I don't think anything has changes since the last 2 sets of finger picks you shippeed to me with no problems?

Recent changes have made it so we have to fill out forms and collect taxes for Her Majesty. So we've been having our friends in UK supply addresses to have us send them to one of their friends who will relay them to UK.

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2021 6:38 am    

[quote="Edward Dixon"]Ron,
I received my picks 2 days earlier than expected and I like everything about them, especially the tone. I never thought I would invest in silver but I'm glad I did.

Edward, I'm glad they're working out for you! Thank you for the post!

Ron

Vic Chaney

Vallejo, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2021 4:09 pm     I got 5 picks, and love them

These picks are wonderful! The tiny inner projections are what make them really special. They stay on very nicely. I can toss my gorilla snot and my too-tight picks in favor of much more comfortable picks that stay on well without being super tight.

I got the skinny wrap-around thumb pick. I had some doubts on ordering it, but when I got it I found it to be very comfortable, stays on perfectly, and there is no problem of hooking it on a string from the back side. It works well for the steel and the banjo. Sorry, b0b, about the “b” word. I can use a slightly shorter blade projection and avoid hitting the head of the banjo and also not worry about hooking it.

I got two finger picks with the Landis shaped blade for the steel. They work the best of any picks I have ever tried. I thought maybe I could use them for the banjo, too, but after I bent the blade around further like I was taught, they didn’t do so well for the banjo.

So I got two picks with the claw blade, and they are perfect for the banjo, and have a slightly sharper tone that the banjo likes. They stay on so well, and with the harder picking required by the banjo this is very useful.

All picks require some bending to get the very best fit, and I had to be careful with padded pliers to not mar the beautiful engraving on them.

Ron, your invention of the inside retentive projections has transformed the finger pick!

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2021 7:54 pm    

I also really like the skinny blade Accu thumb pick. Somehow the straight skinny blade makes a lot of sense after playing triangle blade thumbpicks all my life.

And because of Vic's story, I just ordered a pair of claws to go with it. My 4th order from Ron L, I would say I'm a VERY happy customer!!

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2021 4:42 pm     Love my new picks!

Having a metal thumb pick takes a bit of getting used to, but the tone is more evenly balanced against the fingerpicks.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2021 5:08 pm    

Great looking set b0b! Congratulations.