The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wait times for a new steel
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 10:37 am    

Does anyone know the current wait times on getting a new steel? I don't want to call the manufacturers. I was just wondering. I know at least one company that is having a problem with getting parts for the volume pedals and I know of one seat company that has stopped at the present because of prices on raw material.

Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 10:43 am    

If I remember correctly I got my Justice last year in about 9 weeks. Wes

John Palumbo

Lansdale, PA.
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 11:21 am    

I ordered a Mullen at the end of March, was told 12 weeks.

Mike Ritchie

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 11:35 am    

I got my Justice in just under eight weeks and that included the Christmas and New Years holidays. Plus Ron sent pics along the way from empty cabinet through completion.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 11:40 am    

Those lead-times seem reasonable to me. After all, this is usually a custom made instrument. I imagine waiting on a new steel would have me on pins and needles, even if it was only three weeks out!

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 1:42 pm    

I waited a year for a Clinesmith pedal steel. It was worth the wait. I waited several months for a Williams. Of course, I’d like to have it in a couple weeks, but I’ve found the wait can be very tantalizing...especially when the builder teases you with progress photos. Wink

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 4:29 pm    

BMI is at 8 to 9 months. Encore/Stage One is 6+ months, if Doug is taking orders. Justice and Mullen are quite reasonable right now. GFI is relatively quick, about 6 weeks, more or less.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 2:59 am    

I was told that a new Mullen was 14 weeks?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 8:11 am    

My Justice S10-Jr took 6-7 weeks as I recall.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Daniel McKee

Corinth Mississippi
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 6:17 am    

Has anyone heard if most of the companies or many are having problems with getting materials and parts. I've heard that Mullen had moved their wait time up a couple of times. Even 14 weeks is relatively quick though considering the instrument you get.

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 8:14 pm    

Mullen has this posted on their website

Due to high demand/supply shortages, delivery time is about 4 months on most models

Nicholas Ackron

Daytona Beach
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 12:52 pm    

Jackson is looking at 2-3 months.
BMI 8-9 months
Desert Rose 4-6 months
GFI 3-4 months
Mullen Discovery 2-3 months

Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 3:21 pm    

Simmons is also about 2 to 3 months, as well.

Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 3:23 pm    

Daniel McKee wrote:
Has anyone heard if most of the companies or many are having problems with getting materials and parts. I've heard that Mullen had moved their wait time up a couple of times. Even 14 weeks is relatively quick though considering the instrument you get.
I talked, at length, with Mr. Simmons and one other manufacture, in Arizona, and it appears getting material, parts, and labor can and are playing a huge role in the length of a guitar build, right now.

Derek Puckett

Cookeville Tn
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 9:07 pm    

Hello, long story for me but most guitars are 8-12 month out just because the current ordered I have. I build the Rittenberry Guitars from start to finish. I’m the only employee at the current time but if you can wait you won’t be disappointed. Cases are what I’m having problems with right now and the cost of materials are going up.

Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 4:51 am    

Derek Puckett wrote:
Hello, long story for me but most guitars are 8-12 month out just because the current ordered I have. I build the Rittenberry Guitars from start to finish. I’m the only employee at the current time but if you can wait you won’t be disappointed. Cases are what I’m having problems with right now and the cost of materials are going up.
I feel for you man. I know what it is to be short and having to do it all yourself. A very big reason I retired a couple of years ago.

Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 7:47 am     Mullen

First I would like to say Thank You to all who have a guitar on order and have been patient. We are experiencing supply shortages and major delays in getting material. Our current issue is our tuning keys, we have been waiting on them since March and have blown through all our supply. They are having trouble getting them through all the hurdles due to Covid, but hopefully it looks like we will get some in the next few weeks. In the meantime we are working very hard to be ready for them. We have planed and prepped over 400 BF of wood for bodies, over 50 sets of endplates, 30+ cases so we can start building guitars very soon. I can't give you a delivery time with all these unkowns going on. My hope is that once we get the keys and knock out the 60 guitars that are lined up, we will be back to our normal 8 weeks. For instance ordering aluminum for parts usually arrives here in 3-5 days. This last shipment took 5 weeks to get in. It is truly trying times for everyone, so please just hang in there with us and we will keep grinding away for all of you. God willing this will improve sooner rather than later.

Endplates ready to be ground and polished for plating

Planed wood ready to be made into bodies

Finished Cases

Raw Aluminum and supply of next wood curing

(970) 664-2518
sales@mullenguitars.com
www.mullenguitars.com

Paul Awalt

Greenwich, Ct.
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 4:19 pm    

They're worth the wait.

Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 5:32 pm    

I totally agree, with you Paul.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2022 4:41 am    

TTT

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2022 5:28 am    

My Williams D10 I ordered has a one year wait list.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2022 6:12 am    

I ordered my Williams (an SD12) in June, '22. At that time, Bill was quoting '10-12 months'. Sometime in September we spoke and he was 'hoping to improve on that date' but, last week, he stated that delays in supplies (in particular, cases) had slowed things down again.

I'm back to expecting it by June, '23 if, that is, I'm spared that long. Smile

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2022 6:26 am    

Mullens are worth the wait, stay in tune and flawless pedal action. Smooth as butter, always. My 2 cents.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2022 1:00 pm    

I ordered my new Williams SD10 with 4 floors and 5 knees on May 09, 2022. Hopefully I will get in in February of 2023. If it takes longer, I feel the wait will be worth it.

Daniel Haymore

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2022 6:52 am    

I ordered my Williams January 2022 and am waiting. Originally thought would be 8-9 months, but delays in mostly case vendor i believe, is holding it up along with some other supply chain delays. I would imagine about a year and i'll get the new Willy.