The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Lacquer Williams model #700 Universal 12-string - CLOSE -
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 17 May 2021 8:17 am    

The pictures show it with only 5 floors & 5 knees. It is now set-up with 7 floors & 5 knees. Comes with ATA Road Case. Changer is unique in that it makes changing strings easy and the balls don't fall into the changer if a string should break. Gauged rollers. Polished knees and pedals. $3,300.00 and come and pick it up and play it before you take it home. This is too nice of a steel to ship. I know it will limit my options, but shipping is sky high and I do not want to take the risk of this wonderful steel getting even one scratch on it. 2011 model #700, and it looks like a new one!

7 pedals and 5 knee levers
Triple raise/lower universal changer
Adjustable changer return springs
Gauged string rollers
Special alloy changer axle
Square undercarriage cross shafts mounted in Delrin bearings
Stainless steel undercarriage pulling rods
Adjustable extruded knee levers
Extruded pedals mounted in Delrin bearings for smooth pedal action
Extruded pedal bar
One Piece Key head
CNC Milled end plates and aluminum necks, polished to a mirror finish
CNC Routered Bodies and wood necks
Upholstered Pad
35 Lbs./15.9 Kilos

Last edited by Gary Watkins on 16 Jun 2021 5:15 pm; edited 10 times in total

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2021 1:35 pm    

Nice guitar.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 19 May 2021 3:21 pm    

James Sission wrote:
Nice guitar.

Thanks James, it looks brand new!

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 21 May 2021 4:24 am    

TTT

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2021 6:26 am    

Very nice steel here"!!!

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 22 May 2021 2:22 pm    

This really looks nice. Have to give it some thought.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 23 May 2021 7:54 pm    

Johnie King wrote:
Very nice steel here"!!!

Thanks Johnie!

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 24 May 2021 8:56 am    

Would someone please buy this? So I will stop thinking about it . . .

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 24 May 2021 9:05 am    

Chris Brooks wrote:
Would someone please buy this? So I will stop thinking about it . . .

Chris, I think it has your name on it!! If I ship it to Rhode Island, you have to send me some coffee milk and clam cakes from IGGY'S, LOL

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 25 May 2021 5:07 am    

TTT

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 25 May 2021 7:00 am    

Coffee milk . . . .clam cakes . .. maybe some Del's lemonade, too? I perceive that you have been to Rhode Island before, Gary. :>)

Chris

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 25 May 2021 8:27 am    

Chris Brooks wrote:
Coffee milk . . . .clam cakes . .. maybe some Del's lemonade, too? I perceive that you have been to Rhode Island before, Gary. :>)

Chris

My wife was from Warwick and before she died, she took me to Rocky Point!!! That was thirty years ago!

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 May 2021 4:21 pm    

Gary, I am still thinking. I was really impressed with the Mullen too. If I was just a few years younger, I would have had it, and this one, and still keep the two U-12's I have. I love them. Wish I would have started with them in the beginning, as I seem some are. Thanks Gary.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 28 May 2021 4:26 am    

Jim Reynolds wrote:
Gary, I am still thinking. I was really impressed with the Mullen too. If I was just a few years younger, I would have had it, and this one, and still keep the two U-12's I have. I love them. Wish I would have started with them in the beginning, as I seem some are. Thanks Gary.

Thanks Jim, I just want to sell the Williams to raise some money for a recording project.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 29 May 2021 12:34 am    

I can sure understand you not wanting to ship that guitar, I have a few I wouldn’t want to ship either. Your right shipping is ridiculous now, but so is everything. Country is going to hell.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 31 May 2021 8:45 pm    

I've had several people ask why I won't ship this steel. I have just been afraid of it getting scratched or damaged in some way. It looks and plays like it was made yesterday. I guess if other people ship them, then I am open to doing it also. Just contact me and we can discuss it.
Thanks,
Gary

Mike Castleberry

El Paso, Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2021 7:04 am     Williams

Gary, This is a great looking color scheme on your guitar and it looks like it was well taken care of.

Is the pickup a True-Tone?

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2021 6:58 pm    

Gary, I can't imagine any damage injuring this beauty if shipped in that heavy duty case, then boxed up, handle sticking out. Beautiful looking axe, and I know how wonderful Williams guitars sound and play. If I didn't have a herd of extended E9's already, I'd be in negotiations with you!

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2021 7:13 pm     Re: Williams

Mike Castleberry wrote:
Gary, This is a great looking color scheme on your guitar and it looks like it was well taken care of.

Is the pickup a True-Tone?

Thanks Mike. Yes, that is a True Tone pick-up and it makes this Williams sound great!

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2021 2:06 pm    

John McClung wrote:
Gary, I can't imagine any damage injuring this beauty if shipped in that heavy duty case, then boxed up, handle sticking out. Beautiful looking axe, and I know how wonderful Williams guitars sound and play. If I didn't have a herd of extended E9's already, I'd be in negotiations with you!

John, you know what they say, you only need one more!

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 5:08 am    

TTT

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 4:08 am    

bump

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 2:51 am    

Bill makes some of the most beautiful steels in the business!........This one is no exception !!...Good luck with the sale....Jim

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 5:24 am     Williams 700

That guitar might be worth the drive, beautiful guitar.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 5:15 pm    

Please close - Decided to keep it