The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Miano
David Zornes

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 8:05 am    

A very kind and gracious friend to me, whom I never met in person, has passed away. Bob Miano of New Jersey passed away quietly at his home. Bob was very gracious to me when we worked on a steel guitar purchase. Bob went above and beyond what I ever expected. Pray for the family.

Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 9:25 am    

Sorry to hear of this. I also had never met him in person, but as a fellow Jersey Boy I enjoyed seeing Bob's posts.
RIP

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 9:33 am    

This is pretty stunning. Bob & I have been friendly online for a number of years plus we met once when he brought his guitar over for some electrical work. We exchanged info when he was narrowing down his new steel choices. He loved his black lab a lot. A real nice guy.
Man.

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 12:23 pm    

I just found out about Bob’s condition Saturday and literally sent him an email wishing him well this morning. So sad. He was a great guy.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 12:24 pm     Bob

I sure hate to read this about Bob. I recently purchased the black Mullen G2 D-10 he was selling. Also just received a set of D'Addario strings for C6th this past weekend he included. RIP buddy !!!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 1:32 pm    

I never met him but corresponded via the forum several times.

Condolences to the family.

john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 6:59 pm     BOB Miano

Bob was a highly respected colleague and a dear friend. I simply thought the world of him and the news of his illness and then his passing has hit me hard. We've lost a really good one, too young. RIP brother Bob.
John Widgren
widcj@hotmail.com

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 8:20 pm    

RIP Bob. Sad news.

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 2:13 am    

I was shocked & stunned to hear about Bob...He was one of my first steel friends when I started playing 35 years ago, gave me a lot of tips & pointers, & we would get together & trade licks. We would fill in for each other when one of us couldn't make a gig. He even gifted me my Goodrich pedal & Matchbox, which I still use to this day, almost 30 years later. He would send me CDs that he burned for me of real country music with lots of good steel on it. One of the nicest guys I've ever known. I am very sad to hear about this.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 4:25 am    

Very sad news. I only met Bob once but we spoke or texted occasionally. I saw him play steel, sing and front the band, he was great at all three! R.I.P. Bob!

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 6:20 am    

Like others have said, I never met Bob in person but have spoken to him via phone and e-mail a number of times. I too, always found him to be a really great guy in all our exchanges.

I was very saddened to see this post today.

My prayers and deepest sympathies go out for Bob, his family and friends.

Chris "Tiny" O.

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 2:14 pm    

Man this is sad, Bob played with a band Nash West here in Jersey he was a great steel player that sang as well.

Last time I saw him was at my Sister-in-laws wedding party and I requested that they included him on steel. It was a great night and the whole place danced all night, and this is in Jersey.

R. I. P. to Bob and condolences to his family!!

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

Bob Miano

Bergenfield, N.J. (home of "some" country music) - deceased
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2021 7:24 am     Thank you for all the love!(from his son)

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for showing the love for my father. He was a great man and talented musician that was taken away to early from us. He is now at peace after a 2.5 month painful battle with pancreatic cancer.
He lives on through my mother and myself and will forever be looking over everyone that knew him.
I will be selling some of his equipment soon(with the exception of his favorite Zum that I will keep) with the help of John Widgren as he was a good friend of my father.
If anyone would like to get in touch with me my cell is 2013702601.

Thank you again,
Jonathan Miano

Edie Wernersbach

New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2021 11:07 am    

I'm fairly new to this forum, hence my late reply. A good number of years ago, I had the pleasure of playing with Bob in a local band. He was an extremely talented musician and an all around great guy. I was devastated when I heard of his passing and still think about him to this day.

john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2021 12:02 pm     Bob Miano

Yup me too..I try to pay forward a little something to honor his memory whenever possible. His son Jonathan is a really sweet guy too...good parents make good kids. The apple does not fall far from the tree. JW
widcj@hotmail.com