The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peterson StroboStomp Inquiries
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 1:02 pm    

Anyone using the Peterson StroboStomp HD? A couple questions. Is there any way to put a leg clip on the back to mount it to a steel leg? Will the holder i currently use for my Peterson StroboPlus hd work on the stomp. Yes...of course i know the stomp is a floor unit. Also does it have silent switching, or do you get the familiar "POP" when you engage it? Also do you use the available buffered out, or do you just run it straight out?

I was thinking of Switching to the Peterson StroboStomp HD, because it's a little lighter, smaller, and simpler to use. I don't need all the presets, metronome and a few other features my StroboPlus hd has.

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 10:05 pm    

I have both, the stomp doesn't have a 1/4" threaded mount hole like the StroboPlus so that type mount won't work. A clamp-type phone mount would probably work but it's much heavier than a phone. You could probably drill and screw something to the back of the case with a little disassembly. I have velcro on mine. It's probably slightly heavier that the plus, same length but about 60% of the width.

For steel I use it with the tuner out from my volume pedal so I haven't messed with the buffered output. I've used it inline for bass, it's quiet, the footswitch is momentary, it does not pop, works easily for activation with a finger.

The StroboStomp pretty much does everything that the StroboPlus does with just a few differences. All the preset/sweetener options are the same, just accessed slightly differently. It uses a regular 9v power supply plus a replaceable 9v battery instead of USB charging, the USB port is for programming only, battery is not rechargeable. The stomp does not have the metronome option like the plus. That's about it. Great unit.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2021 6:36 am     strobStomp

George..The one feature that I prefer over the 'StroboPlus' is the 9V out which enables you to daisy chain your other effects from the tuner.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2021 8:43 am    

I have a rotary effects pedal that I wanted to mount to my Peterson leg clamp. I took off the back cover, drilled a hole, took a t-nut, ground off the triangle shaped spikes, and super glued it on the inside of the cover so it protruded out the cover, and screwed it to the holder. I had tried just super gluing a nut to the outside of the case, but that didn't last. The drag to this is it won't lay flat on the floor or pedal board any more. I removed the t-nut from the pedal.

The one thing I don't like about the Stroboplus is the USB rechargeable batteries. I would rather have replaceable batteries and a power supply like the Stroboflip had. My StroboplusHD lives in my pak-a-seat with a cover on it. I have to remove it from my seat and charge it at home. One time I forgot to put it back in my seat before a gig. I now carry a charger and cable so I can charge it at a gig.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2021 8:10 am    

Thanks guy's for all your very useful comments & experiences. Based on YOUR insight, i went and indeed purchased a StroboStomp HD.

Thanks again for helping me out.
George