The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wtb Dekley pac seat
forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 7:04 am    

Hey all,

I’m looking for a Deckley pac seat in reasonably good condition. They were the ones that had spring loaded legs that folded up under the seat. Here’s a pic:

Please PM me if you’ve got one you’d let go of. I can definitely have this old one copied but thought it’d be easier to see if there was one collecting dust first.

Thanks!

Skeeter

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 3:55 pm    

Not the answer you want. Why not get the old girl recovered? Probably a local furniture repair upholstery shop. I took my old seat to a local company and they made it look new. Sorry for the intrusion.

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 4:14 pm    

Hi Larry,

That is actually a good thought, but it’s got a bunch of holes in the seat board from hinges stripping out and I’ve also had to reposition the latches on the front also. It still might be worth looking into, but because of all the miles and memories I’m probably going to leave it as is. So if I can find one that’d be awesome. It’s still usable just not very presentable lol

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 4:18 pm    

That looks the same as the old Emmons pac a seat. They had the same folding legs. There ought to be a few of them around.

We have an Emmons badged seat like that in the practice barn. I'll ask, but I don't think it's for sale.

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 5:42 pm    

Jerry,

That looks like,it too, looks like I’d take an Emmons seat also. Drop me a pm if it’s available please. Guess my only question would be is if it’s the same height to the top of the cushion.

Thanks!

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2021 7:35 pm    

The only way to adjust the height of one of those seats, With those kind of legs, Is by the height of the box/ and thickness of the lid you build on top of the legs.
I have a seat with those type of legs, I keep it for a spare. My gig seat has a boat seat hinge back for comfort.

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2021 4:14 pm    

I have a 40 year old Dekley Pack Seat, but it doesn't have the same type of legs. The vinyl cover on my seat started deteriorating and getting sticky, so I took the lid to a local upholstery shop and had it recovered professionally. I used a commercial grade heavy duty fabric often used for office chairs.They padded it up really nice too. Here's a picture (not for sale). You could save your old seat the same way.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2021 10:17 am    

Ken that looks really good. I like the color and fabric choice. Really spiffed up that seat.

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2021 10:25 am    

Thanks Larry. Its getting a bit wobbly, but I cured the squeaking for the time being. It still looks good, and its clean. I take good care of my gear. A friend of mine made me an offer on a steelers choice seat with backrest that's too good to pass up. It's in nice shape too. The fabric on this old seat is very durable and should outlast me.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2021 3:09 am    

Ken, I have a steelers choice from the early 90s with a backrest. Still looks and sits like new. Great seats. I built my 1st seat without a backrest. Bought some boat hinges a couple years back and plan on adding the back soon. Take care and return this thread to the original poster.