The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ever hear of Todd Clayton
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2012 5:35 pm    

I never had heard of this guy before, but he really seems to know his way around a Steel. Definately not a beginner. I stubbled across this is video of Todd if you'd like to hear him play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmvzyF6qbig&feature=plcp

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2012 11:18 am    

I became aware of Todd by way of my friend, singer Richard McCroan. Todd has played with Richard a lot over the years and I have heard him on some of the "work tapes" that Richard gave me to use to prepare for some of his gigs. I was totally impressed with what I heard from Todd, and a bit intimidated in trying to copy what he did on Richard's material.

I believe Todd is a commercial airline pilot. And he is accomplished steel player for sure!

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 5:14 am     Old Post

So this old post

Does anybody have his copedent?

J.R.
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 5:28 am    

I met Todd when we were both in our early 20's. He was playing steel at the Western Place in Dallas, Tx. with Bobby Smith. He had just quit playing steel for Charley Pride to go to aviation school. By then he was just playing for some extra money on weekends. There is videos on YouTube of Todd playing steel for Charley Pride on National TV. He became an airline pilot and recently retired as a Captain for United Airlines. He's just enjoying his retirement now and gigs in church and a few other places for friends. Todd was a great picker way back then and still is. He's on Facebook and post occasionally of his life's travels. He use to get me to set in for him on his Sho-Bud back then. Great guy too!

John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 6:14 am     Todd

Thats so interesting.
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to
publish those facts.
Kind Regards.

JR
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.

Todd Clayton

Chipita Park, CO
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2021 5:21 am     Re: Old Post

John A. Russell wrote:
So this old post

Does anybody have his copedent?

J.R.

Hey John, my set-up for both E9 and C6 is very standard. Nothing tricky. Thanks for asking.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2021 1:04 pm    

Mr. Clayton Great Steelin. Your rendition of Sleep Walk came up on Y-Tube, Its great too.