The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Why AL Bruno not in Country Music Hall Of Fame in Nasville?
Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2015 5:50 pm    

So I asked JayDee, and it is at the Opry, early '70's.
Al was living in Nashville at the time, and JayDee there hanging & picking, sitting in.
Thanks for posting that pic, Joachim. I recently moved and still haven't been able to find my copy of the WW book.

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2015 7:18 am    

Skip, you're right! I was remembering that picture in my mind and it seemed like it was on Scotty's stage but after seeing it again you can tell it was on the Opry. That looks like Spider Wilson standing behind Al in that shot....JH in Va.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2015 6:34 am    

Jerry,When I look back at how much we all did out here in Southern California with our Traditional Country music and to see now it don't mean much to most,makes me really sad and mad. I remember moving Al Bruno's family to Nashville and back. The love and respect we all have for each other in them days, most will never get. My new career at 70 in this music business is a new life of fresh air. I'll be paving the roads again soon to entertain and perform across this USA. Looking for one night bookings if any body wants me. leo@jtjsales.com. dates opening up. God He Ain't Cheap,but, I am reasonable in price. Arrow

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2015 5:29 pm    

They say it's coming,hold on will see. Whoa!

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2015 2:48 pm    

Don't let this pass. You guys in Nashville you have the right pull to do the right thing. Why you guys are sleeping on this. Don't for get Jay Dee Maness & Blackie Taylor. Al Bruno> RIP. Crying or Very sad

Jerry Hedge

Norwood Ohio U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2015 6:58 pm    

I saw this today on a Telecaster forum. Al passed on Friday. I thought that Al's fans like Mr. Eiffert would like to read this...
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/580808-r-i-p-al-bruno.html

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2015 8:23 pm    

Jerry, Thanks you very kindly for putting this on about our Late Brother Musician Al Bruno.We have done over a 100 recording together for many independent record label Artist from L.A/Bakersfield to Nashville,Tn. I could hear him in that interview being so real & humble and one not to say anything bad about anybody who has done him wrong,I know. I loved that brother my dear friend. We have many miles under us in memories. RIP Al Bruno! We (I)will get you in the Nashville Country Music Hall Of Fame with Jay Dee Maness & Blackie Taylor who should really be honored in there. Arrow Uncle: Leo J Eiffert Jr.

Thomas J Smith

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2021 7:19 am     I still miss my friend ...

https://youtu.be/51kNemihNaI