The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitars of Nashville - out of business?
Shane Henthorne

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 8:32 am    

I ordered a Goodrich volume pedal from Steel Guitars of Nashville's website on 5/7 before realizing that the company is potentially defunct. Does anyone know definitively what their status is? A post to Facebook from 9/20 says they have moved to Texas but are still operating with the same phone number and website. The last post on their page was in 10/20. There was a posts on this forum where someone asked who was running the company and moving it to Texas, but I don't think anyone answered that question. Has anyone ordered from them in 2021? Does anyone know who "Steel Guitars of Nashville" is today?

I received a email notification from Paypal and the charge posted to my credit card, but I did not receive any order confirmation from SGoN. Email to them has gone unanswered and their phone number goes directly to a generic voicemail box. At this point I have no reason to believe this order is going to ship and I am trying to decide if I need to dispute the charge with Paypal and/or the credit card company now or if I should wait a few more days to see if I hear from anyone about this order.

On a related note, where can I get the best price (including shipping) on a new Goodrich H-120 and bracket?

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 9:30 am    

Can't help with the company info, but there are several ways to buy Goodrich products.

If it were me, I'd look up Bill Ferguson's contact info here and deal with him. Hard to beat.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 9:49 am    

Edit:

For some reason, I totally spaced out on the date you posted. I was thinking it was longer ago. Sorry.

Last edited by Richard Sinkler on 11 May 2021 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 10:29 am    

I haven't seen a single word from them since the move. As far as I can tell, the website is static since then. I have called the 615-xxx-xxxx number on the website a few times to get some Cobra Coils, never got a response. Needless to say, I didn't order off the website and won't until I can confirm that they're filling orders.

If you ordered the pedal last Friday 5/7/21 and haven't heard anything whatsoever, I tend to doubt you're going to. It's possible there could be a few days lag, so I may be wrong - technically, it's only two business days. But given that you only have so long to dispute charges, I wouldn't hold off long. So as much as I hate to say it, I'd dispute the charges and get off the hook. If there's any disagreement on your dispute, then you know there's someone there and that you've gotten their attention. At that point, you should be able to resolve the issue.

Once off the hook, you can always leave a phone message with them and re-order later if you can ever become satisfied there's someone at the other end of the hook filling orders. I certainly hope there is, I would hate to see Bobbe's old store go completely defunct.

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 11:29 am    

Order from Bill Furgeson. He is well known, and very reputable. He is a Goodrich dealer.

Shane Henthorne

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 2:01 pm    

I am absolutely certain that American Express will take care of me and they allow at least 120 days for disputes - sometimes more - so I’m not concerned about the money at this point. I mostly wanted to see if anyone else had been in contact with them before I do the nuclear option of a chargeback. This thread can also be a warning to others since it currently appears they are defunct yet their website happily continues to take orders and collect payments. It has only been 2 full business days, but given the circumstances, I’m going to assume they truly are out of business and go forward with the credit card dispute.

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 11 May 2021 4:45 pm     Goodrich

You can also order directly from Goodrich or Reverb.com has a designated Goodrich page, anything you want and seamless transaction, shipping etc.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:30 am    

or from me

Mike Holder

Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:33 am     Goodrich

Aren’t you actually Goodrich? It’s my understanding you own that company.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:53 am    

I sold my interest to Kevin who did all the work anyway Smile. I'm just Steel Guitars of North County- 1 mile away from Goodrich.

Mike Holder

Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:57 am     Goodrich

Win win either way someone chooses to obtain one be it you or Kevin...great products!

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:58 am    

Thanks- check out his new Baby Bloomer- terrific product!

Shane Henthorne

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 7:58 am    

Jim Palenscar wrote:
or from me

Jim, can you PM or email me a quote for a H-120 and bracket including shipping to 45750?

I was originally going to buy directly from Goodrich via Reverb or their website, but I was turned off by the $25 shipping price for the two items!

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 13 May 2021 10:26 am     Re: Steel Guitars of Nashville - out of business?

Shane Henthorne wrote:
I ordered a Goodrich volume pedal from Steel Guitars of Nashville's website on 5/7 before realizing that the company is potentially defunct. Does anyone know definitively what their status is? A post to Facebook from 9/20 says they have moved to Texas but are still operating with the same phone number and website. The last post on their page was in 10/20. There was a posts on this forum where someone asked who was running the company and moving it to Texas, but I don't think anyone answered that question. Has anyone ordered from them in 2021? Does anyone know who "Steel Guitars of Nashville" is today?

Here's a possible clue, or maybe not. Three years ago at the TSGA Jamboree, I ran into the woman who used to work for Bobbe and in some fashion became affiliated with SGoN. Only in casual conversation did she say she was relocating "back to TX," I believe in the Ft. Worth area. I didn't discuss her move any further because it wasn't of interest to me.

I believe an email or PM to Buck Reid would answer many questions as Buck worked at SGoN for some time.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Shane Henthorne

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2021 10:51 am     Re: Steel Guitars of Nashville - out of business?

Herb Steiner wrote:

Here's a possible clue, or maybe not. Three years ago at the TSGA Jamboree, I ran into the woman who used to work for Bobbe and in some fashion became affiliated with SGoN. Only in casual conversation did she say she was relocating "back to TX," I believe in the Ft. Worth area. I didn't discuss her move any further because it wasn't of interest to me.

The domain steelguitarsofnashville.com is registered to Michelle Overstreet. The email address on the registration is nashvillesteelguitar@gmail.com, the same as their Paypal account. Her name can also be found in a couple places on the website, apparently as the person who posted certain items to the site. Does that name ring a bell for anyone? Since my attempts to contact SGoN have been unsuccessful, I did file a dispute with Paypal last night and they will attempt to contact the seller. The seller has until 5/22 to respond. If they do not respond, Paypal will refund the charge.

It's doubtful to me that someone would intentionally leave their site up and running (and accepting orders) if they are indeed out of business, so I genuinely hope that whoever had the interest in the business is still alive and well. I think it's entirely possible that something has happened to the person responsible and there was no contingency for someone else to either take over or wind down the operation.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 13 May 2021 11:29 am    

Here's an old thread from 2020 with a few posts about the operation.

I recall hearing Michelle's name [no relation] being mentioned a few times connected with the store. A friend of mine had a steel there on commission a few years ago when Vic Lawson was there.

I understand that someone else took over the business in Nashville for some time.

Then I read this thread. I know nothing further. Sorry.
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=362421

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 13 May 2021 1:24 pm    

Michelle Overstreet is the woman to whom I was referring. I had forgotten her name.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Shane Henthorne

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2021 9:10 am    

Update: I filed a claim with Paypal. They give the seller 10 days to respond. Nobody responded in that time so Paypal issued the refund and I have been made whole. So to answer my own original question, it DOES appear that Steel Guitars of Nashville is completely out of business, though their website continues to accept orders and process payments.