The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tommy Detamore's tab for
Michael Sullivan

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2021 9:53 pm    

Here is a great song to learn that will help you appreciate how an accomplished steel player can make you forget that the band only has drums, bass, fiddle and yes...one great steel guitar player. Here is Tommy Detamore playing with Jake Hooker and The Outsiders with their cover of "Fraulein". I'll admit that I had never heard this song before so after searching iTunes with "My Pretty Fraulein" it popped right up so I ran with it. I've since been admonished that this Country Standard is pretty much an Anthem in Texas when playing a Shuffle. I feel embarrassed and apologize, with that acknowlegement of ignorance, please listen to the song at the Youtube link https://www.facebook.com/kim.boening/videos/10226906145786606

For those who do not have a Facebook account and the above link does not work you can hear the audio only at the following link.

https://voca.ro/1axsCRGmLEp9

It would be hard to believe that any aspiring steel player that listened to Tommy Detamore play this country shuffle would not want to learn how to play it note for note. Knowing this, I have tabbed it in it's entirety for you to enjoy with one caveat, this is how I hear it being played. While it sounds right to me,I would appreciate any input with corrections as my intent is to discover those hidden secrets that get us to the next level in our playing. I hope you all enjoy this, it definitely inspired me!

Last edited by Michael Sullivan on 16 Mar 2021 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 2:39 pm    

Isn't the original title of this, just "Frauline"
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 2:39 pm    

Sorry Fraulein<
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Michael Sullivan

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 3:55 pm     Tommy Detamore's "Fraulein"

You are correct Jim Reynolds, the original song title is just "Fraulein", my bad.

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 5:27 pm    

Tommy shines on everything he does. Here’s one of my favorites.
https://youtu.be/xvjeZFy7_Os

Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 7:57 pm    

Hi Michael -

'you really have quite the Talent to be able to tab out this entire song with Tommy D's fills and solo with such accuracy.
Tommy's solo starts at 01:27 into the video.

A lot of these licks are textbook examples for folks wanting some distinctive and commercial sounds to dress up their playing.

Good job - 'much appreciated,

Ron

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2021 1:08 pm     Thank you

Thank you Michael, I appreciate the tabs very much! I’ve always loved this song
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme

Mark Dunn

Suffolk, England
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2021 7:14 am    

Enjoyed watching that... Tommy's an excellent player... And love that Emmons. My goodness Michael, there's work tabbing that out! Hat's off to you:)

Nobel Das

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 3:08 pm     Tabs

Hi Michael,
Great job creating these tabs. It would be fantastic if you would please include staff notation, lyrics and the chords for the songs, for some of us "notation junkies", who want to know how, where and why certain strings were played by the steel player.

Last edited by Nobel Das on 12 May 2021 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total