The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Online Course on Joaquin Murphey and Noel Boggs (and more)
Mikiya Matsuda

San Francisco, California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2021 6:36 pm    

Hi all, here's a preview of two solos I'll be covering next month for an online course on Joaquin Murphey and Noel Boggs for Centrum's Red Hot Strings Workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmH0EpIYDzs

These are two of my all-time favorite solos by Murph and Boggs. And since they're playing over virtually the same tune, with the same band, just a few years apart, they serve as an ideal case study to compare the styles of these two individualistic players.

If you have any questions about the workshop, please don't hesitate to reach out. Aside from this course, I'll be leading a session on transcription titled, "So You've Transcribed Your Favorite Solo, Now What?"

There will be workshops all weekend for tenor banjo, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, and string bass. Instructors include forumite, Joel Paterson, Matt Munisteri, Albanie Falletta, Tyler Jackson (former bassist for Ray Price), Dennis Lichtman, Matt Weiner, Gabe Terracciano, plus a great lineup of guest artists, including Howard Alden, Noam Pikelny, members of the Seet Hollyhawaiians, and many others.

The dates are May 14-16, Registration link and more info can be found here: https://centrum.org/vintage-jazz-workshop/?fbclid=IwAR3ftTIYiddgX

Hope you can join!