The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud linkage broken
James McCann

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 5:33 pm    

My pot metal pro 1 lever/bracket broke and ordered parts that would be replacements. As I was fixing it, i found the small linkage piece was broke too so I have to order one.
I love this pro 1, but hate dealing with pot metal.
Would it be possible to have a steel company or person gut the pro 1 and replace it with all aluminum to get rid of pot metal?
Thanks!
James McCann

Pat Moore

Virginia USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 6:38 pm     Bud

Yeah, several cats on here can do it! Ricky Davis would be the guy if he's not tooo busy. Great guy also!
Pat

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 6:40 pm    

Michael from psgparts.com makes replacements for all those pot metal parts. They may not all be in stock right now but you should contact him about it.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

James McCann

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 6:47 pm    

Yep, unfortunately my piece is out of stock, so I will send him a message! Both these replies are helpful and one day maybe I will make the commitment in just giving it over to get gutted, thanks yall!

Brint Hannay

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 8:04 pm    

What do you mean, "small linkage piece"? Photo?

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 9:57 pm    

My first Pro 1 in the late 70s broke the same part. I was lucky to find a steel player within a 90 minute drive that worked in a machine shop. He made me four new knee lever assemblies. That was a blessing.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Dave Dube

Post  Posted 21 Apr 2021 5:57 am    

I have bought parts from Michael, too. It looks like most of his inventory is dried up right now. You might check with Jim Palenscar at Steel Guitars of North County. He has been able to supply parts a couple times when I was in need.

www.steelguitars.me

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2021 6:08 am    

Quote:
Would it be possible to have a steel company or person gut the pro 1 and replace it with all aluminum to get rid of pot metal?

Jeff Surratt of Show Pro displays occasional Bud rebuilds. Worth checking out to see if he's taking any on at the moment.

It could also be worth asking if he's got some old pot metal parts around, removed from a rehab job, just to put in your guitar to get you up & running until you find non-pot parts.