The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Supros for sale??
Carl McLaughlin

St.Stephen,New Brunswick,Can
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 10:00 am    

Anyone have any Supro jet airline that they would part with? 6 string with string through pickup.
Carl
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.

Jameson Koweek

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 12:09 pm    

https://reverb.com/item/22629262-supro-jet-airliner-1959

Perhaps you have already seen this.

Carl McLaughlin

Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 12:30 pm     supro

Thanks ,i did not see that one.
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 1:36 pm    

I have this one in grey and cream MOTS, with the classic string through pickup, original case and original cable. Guitar's serial number X41630 (don't know the date, can't get to the site with the info). Cupcake style knobs. Volume and tone pots operate quietly and correctly. Fretboard has no cracks or damage. Case is structurally sound but has its share of scuffs, rubbing and water stains. It needs new tuner buttons which I'll be happy to supply (or even install if you want). I'll sell this for $395 plus shipping.

Carl McLaughlin

Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 1:55 pm     supro

Nice looking guitar.What tuning is it presently,I would like the tuners repaired before purchase. Does it have leg sockets? Any idea of shipping cost to E3L1S5 New Brunswick Canada?
Carl
Are there any issues that need fixed? I assume it plays well.

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 2:29 pm    

Tuning: Not sure what's on it (it's the old strings that came with it). I have new strings available for several different tunings that I can install for you. Do you have a tuning preference?

Leg sockets: You'll see in the photo of the back that it was originally sold without the addition of legs (no sockets installed). I personally recommend a Deluxe34 stand by Mark Roeder rather than adding legs.

Issues?: There will be none when it leaves here. And I'll install the new tuner buttons for you.

Shipping cost: I can ship USPS Priority Mail International for about $75.

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2021 9:14 pm    

I have this one, it's a '60s model with black & white body and black fret board, legs & sockets, $350 + shipping. The '60s version is called "Jet Airliner", the earlier '50s model with the MOTS body and white fingerboard is called the "Airline". This one has just been under the bed the past couple of years but I can pull it out and take some better pics if you're interested.